Fast food chains

Even better in a pan on the stovetop, with a lid to trap heat to help melt the cheese on top.

Even better, a small piece of aluminium foil instead of the lid. Crunchy base and hot toppings with much less time and heat required than with a lid.

[video=youtube;XWIJNaA-JNA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWIJNaA-JNA[/video]

CraigB: Try it and come back to us a new man.

Last edited:
I usually cant be bothered to heat it up any way but the microwave. I dont think its a big deal though since the pizza i usually get is mediocre anyway.How does the pan reheat method compare to fresh pizza?

I have had Five Guys and there are local places that blow their overpriced, under seasoned burgers out of the water. Plus, no one wants that many french fries.

Fact.

Wendy's has been ok but I don't get it as often as I used to. Lately I upgrade to having a pretzel bun because pretzel bread is kickass. The fries are so damn salty it's disgusting.

McD's and Burger King can fuck right off, there's nothing special about them. Everything tastes the same.

Sort of like Subway. I can't stand that place. All the bread tastes the same.

A localish franchise that's made it out of Wisconsin is called Culver's. It's ok, but nothing special. Although, it's impressive you can pot roast dinner at a burger/ice cream place.

I do like the local franchise, Portillo's, mmm that place is great. :)

I can vouch for pan heated pizza. It's really good, although it's quite a slow process.

McD's and Burger King can fuck right off, there's nothing special about them. Everything tastes the same.

No fast food place can beat the Big Mac or Whopper IMO (I slightly prefer the Whopper).

Boasting UK's first (probably not the only one though)...
12055119.jpg

First for Chicken & Beer!
This chicken shop boasts its liquor license.
http://www.bestfriedchicken.co.uk/

- - - Updated - - -

Also, my closest Taco-Bell is at Lakeside Shopping Centre an hour and a half away, I haven't been Lakeside Shopping Centre since Taco-Bell though.

I went to a McDonald's that was basically an Argos.
It was weird, you could either use the one fucking till get the reciept and wait for your order. Or you could use massive touch screen panels to order and pay and then you either sit in area 1, 2 or 3 and the food gets brought over.

My go-to fast-food chain is Tim Hortons. In cooler weather, I especially like their soup & sandwich combos. I like most of their sandwiches, but the (chunky) chicken salad is my favorite. Another plus is that the coffee is ALWAYS good!

For hamburgers, I'll hit BK, McDonald's or Wendy's if I'm in a hurry, but my favorite is DQ (Dairy Queen). I've been eating them for 50 years and they're still #1 with me.
Five Guys is OK, but both their hamburgers and the fries are too greasy for my taste.

Pizza? If you're not sharing, have you tried Sbarro? They sell it by the slice and the serving sizes are very generous. If I'm buying a whole pizza, I like Marco's and Papa John's. Donatos is OK, too, but they're usually a bit on the greasy side. We end quite a few of our TSD rally events at Donatos because most of them have free meeting rooms.

SL

Pizza? If you're not sharing, have you tried Sbarro? They sell it by the slice and the serving sizes are very generous.

I have never once enjoyed anything I've ever ordered from a Sbarro...and I've worked in malls for years, so I've had it more than once or twice.

I prefer Wendy's burgers. I really truly can tell that the meat isn't frozen, and I like their not-overly-decimated pickles. I do however enjoy the flame-broiled-ness of Burger King burgers (I've worked there before, and have no issues about eating there...although to be fair, I was there 21 years ago).

Chain pizza...I'm just sick of Papa Johns. There's one 5 blocks from my house, and they have a buy-one-get-one Tuesday, so we used to get pizza from there a lot. I'm at the point where I'd generally prefer a frozen pizza, except maybe for their cheese sticks...but even then, the last time we went there they were not garlicy enough, and were under-done. I would say that I prefer Round Table over Dominos, Pizza hut, Little Caesar's, and Papa Johns...but above all those I'd take Papa Murphy's...but above all those, I would wait an hour for a table at a real pizza place and spend thrice as much than any of those other chain places...but mostly because I love deepdish and stuffed pizzas more than any other kind...mostly...but if I want thin crust, I want it more "authentic". But then again, my all-time favorite pizza has a crust that's cooked 4 times, including being deep-fried, so what do I know? :lol:

Last edited:
Donatos is OK, too, but they're usually a bit on the greasy side. We end quite a few of our TSD rally events at Donatos because most of them have free meeting rooms.

SL

I've been to their factory in Columbus. Best I can say is that it's cleaner than the other frozen pizza that I will not name. Maintenance manager is a pretty good guy.

Oh Shake Shack...we have to meet again... :wub:

I need to shit talk Papa Murphy's because I don't get why they don't just have a cooked option!

Nope nope. I refuse to get those premade, you bake at home pizzas. For my area, I know the factory they come out of and their idea of cleanliness is quite low. Just this weekend, we (my company) were doing work there and had to stop because there was an evacuation due to a fire in the building. Why were we there in the first place? Well, they had a fire in the oven they make the pizza crusts in and had to replace damaged equipment.