Fast food chains

Floppy bacon has its place. I will agree with fast food bacon. Wendy's bacon isn't that thin crap you can see through.

Floppy bacon has its place.

fetchimage.jpeg

more for me.

Wait, you want that bacon that is just, like, burnt and bereft of its chewy and fatty goodness?

I am aghast. It's like I don't even know you :p

I'm in team chewy, I just feel like I'm going to lose an eye every time I get crispy bacon. I don't like thin bacon though, proper bacon isn't thin. This is how you cook proper bacon... properly:

1644520187840.png

Floppy bacon has its place. I will agree with fast food bacon. Wendy's bacon isn't that thin crap you can see through.
May have been crispy, but kept in holding cabinet, maybe too long.

It may depend on how busy they turn over what's in the holding cabinet drawers, even if they are supposed to have strict holding times for everything.

When its busy you should have a better chance of crispy bacon

Last edited:
The one American-style bacon I like is really its own thing: extra extra extra extra thick chunks one of the Lemons dudes brings to race weekends. Less like bacon, more like pork.

Bacon's just salty and nah for me most of the time. More for y'all.

The one American-style bacon I like is really its own thing: extra extra extra extra thick chunks one of the Lemons dudes brings to race weekends. Less like bacon, more like pork.
It it maybe panchetta or guanciale (pronounced "gwon-CHAH-lay", I think)?

Has anybody had this? I kinda think it'd be amazing (I love "breakfast" sausage, and that's a ton of surface area for browning) but I'm afraid I'll love it because it just seems so ridiculous. It does seem like it'd be killer on a sandwich, though.

It's fully cooked, and doesn't shrink as much when browned.
1644550425424.png

Last edited:
Johnsonville anything will taste good to me, but about an hour later leave me with a headache.

I don't often buy bacon but when I do it's from the deli counter, not prepackaged. It's thick-cut and usually pretty meaty. And it's often cheaper by weight than the prepackaged stuff.

I don't often buy bacon but when I do it's from the deli counter, not prepackaged. It's thick-cut and usually pretty meaty. And it's often cheaper by weight than the prepackaged stuff.
The problem is, when I want bacon I think of it the morning of, and that’s not when butchers are open here. So grocery store bacon it is. :/

For me, the deli stuff is never cheaper, because I only buy bacon when the packaged stuff is on some significantly marked-down promo/sale price. If I'm at a restaurant, I'll never order bacon on the side because it's so pricy...but instead I'll pick a combo plate that offers choice of meat as a side, as if that somehow is better. :lmao:

It it maybe panchetta or guanciale (pronounced "gwon-CHAH-lay", I think)?

Has anybody had this? I kinda think it'd be amazing (I love "breakfast" sausage, and that's a ton of surface area for browning) but I'm afraid I'll love it because it just seems so ridiculous. It does seem like it'd be killer on a sandwich, though.

It's fully cooked, and doesn't shrink as much when browned.
View attachment 3564039
Feels like a less practical knock-off of pork roll. Pork roll is a circle! Way easier to put on a bagel sandwich.

Pork roll is maaaaaagic.