FASTEST car you've driven

Need to revise my list of fastest I've driven.

Drove a 2008 Corvette a couple weeks ago.
Transmission = Crap (6speed Automatic)
Suspension = Crap
Interior Fit and Finish = Meh (Not crap, but not great)
Torque = YES!

Perfectly summed up the Corvette there, mate.
I have driven a Vette and a Viper during one of my (many) holidays in the US, and though it is more impractical, and basically insane, I like the Viper more because of that shitty Vette gearbox. Must say though, Vette interiors have improved greatly in the last couple of years.

Drove my friends GT28 S4, 550whp, was fun hitting boost =D.

Fastest car I've ever driven will probably have to be either my mom's 06 Mustang or my dad's 87 Camaro Z28. But seeing as I didn't go very fast ((dad was in the car with me when I drove both, I didn't have my full license back thne)) I couldn't tell you that I've driven 100 mph or something insane like that. :p
Fastest I've ever driven is well into the 80 - 90 mph territory in my own car. :lol:
Fastest car I've ever ridden in...tough to say, because I can't remember if I ever had a ride in one of my grandpa's Corvettes or not...cos he'd never let me drive one of them, that's for sure. :( But I just remembered, I took a cruise in an AMC Javelin. :D That's probably the fastest thing I've ridden in. Don't remember exactly how fast but close to 100 mph, I'm pretty sure.

Last edited:
Fastest i've ever driven was, sadly, well into boring-land:
250km/h (approx. 155 mph), which is the electronically-enforced limit of most cars in germany, both in a late-90's Opel Omega Estate and a early-2000s Merc E200 Kompressor Estate (both rentals for late-night cross country drives).

The theoretically fastest car i drove must have been the Ford Capri V8 conversion of some people i know... sadly, i was only allowed to take it for a spin on their parking lot....

Last edited:
Update:

My Uncle is retired from head of security at the Corvette plant in Bowling Green. As a retirement gift, he bought himself the new Cadillac CTS-V. He let me drive it, but not very fast. So technically, this is the fastest car I have driven, but not the fastest I have driven. That is still 156mph (Indicated on speedometer) in an Avalon Limited that I previously posted about.

Ferrari F430 Spyder, I road tested one a few years back and wrote an article about it for the paper.

Also drove the Bentley Continental Speed, which is just as quick, but I prefer the Ferrari by a long way.

Fastest?

Unlimited Merc CL500, about 310 km/h. :D

Fastest car I've driven: 1989 Porsche 928S4 - it belonged to a family who had just bought it from the dealer I worked at as a High School graduation present for their son. They traded his 944 for it. My parents gave me a watch for my graduation. <_<

Fastest around corners: same dealership - probably my boss's 1988 Corvette convertible with the Z52 handling package.

Fastest I've ever driven: 110 MPH (177 KMh) in my friends 5.8 Liter 1973 Ford LTD. That was scary.

It's sad, but my current car is the fastest and best handling of all the cars I've owned. (I had a 1972 Mustang Mach 1, but it had a 351 2v engine, so I don't think it was any faster than my T-bird.) I turned onto a side street on my way home tonight at 35MPH and it handled the turn with no drama whatsoever. It's kind of funny/pathetic that it took Ford 10 years to put IRS on their performance car after installing it on their personal luxury coupe.

I have to change my fastest to the new Merc E500 coupe which I drove a couple of months ago now down at Sandown...unfortunately it was only a 'demo' day not a proper track day so there was no fast driving and I only took it to 140 km/h, but it got there bloody quick.

Fastest Car: Mitsubishi Galant VR-4. 440 awhp @28 psi.

Best Handling: Lotus Exige on R Comps.

Fastest, I've been in a Pagani Zonda when playing NFS Shift :p

200 bhp Seat Leon 2.0 TFSI <_<

Yes, I know. Pathetic, isn't it?

But it does go from 0 to 60 in about 7,3 seconds so it's no slouch either.

Quickest thing ever, probably a 250cc Superkart......

:burnrubber:

I have to update:

Fastest car... still my VW Golf... but the new speed record is now 218 kph (135,5 mph), and still going (GPS data).

In case you are wondering... yes, it MUST have been downhill, I can't see any other real explication for a 160k km (100k miles) car with some luggage to add a whole 13 kph (possibly more) to the factory's top speed figure.

Just realized, fastest car I've ever driven is the one I park in the driveway! That said, fastest I've actually driven a car was an indicated 110 mph in the old Sebring.

I have to update:

Fastest car... still my VW Golf... but the new speed record is now 218 kph (135,5 mph), and still going (GPS data).

In case you are wondering... yes, it MUST have been downhill, I can't see any other real explication for a 160k km (100k miles) car with some luggage to add a whole 13 kph (possibly more) to the factory's top speed figure.

I can beat your "kph over factory top speed" figure! :lol:

Rated at 207 kph, just hit 227 kph on the GPS a couple of years ago. And yes it was downhill. But the old Astra will do 215-220 kph for quite a long while comfortably though

fastest car I've ever driven was a Ferrari 355 GTS. Not at topspeed obviously, but 180 kph (in 4th ;)) is plenty quick with the roof down

I can beat your "kph over factory top speed" figure! :lol:

This means I have to travel back to germany just to wash this insult! :p

it's the ancient wars between Opel and VW once again... :)

Seriously, I am starting to think that it is normal for a car to exceed factory speed, just like the figure was the lower limit allowed in their production line.

Some crazy numbers:blink:

fasted I went 155mph = 250kph in a Lumina SS (Commodore) on a downhill ish road and that was only in 4th gear at 4500rpm.

Same thing but in black.
142anbn.jpg

Fastest car was this 700whp cefy 9 sec dragster.

Check my Icon
Thats me in that Lamborghini Murci?lago Roadster -LP640- I would have to say that this was the fastest car I have driven, with a Ferrari F430 a close second
That was my Christmas Gift last year from my wife and my two daughters.
Actually they got me a Gotham Dream Cars Tour. In one day, I got to drive the following:
Gotham Dream Cars, 2009 Tour.
Ferrari F430,
Ferrari 360 Spider
Lamborghini Gallardo,
Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 Roadster,
Aston Martin DB9
Maserati GranTurismo

Check out some of my pics from that day
http://www.flickr.com/people/Desperado8

Last edited: