FASTEST car you've driven

A Toyota Tercel @ 73kph. Or, if its downright power your talking about, then a massive 210hp from an 01 Sienna :p

260 bhp bike ?:? is that a drag bike or street bike, and if it's a street bike how fast ?

It's a street bike.. Right now it's geared to do 320km/h

It's a street bike.. Right now it's geared to do 320km/h

but I imagine with different gearing you could get 360-370 kph out of it no?
I mean, a "standard Hayabusa" does 320 kph and that "only" has 180 hp IIRC

Fastest straight line car would have to be my buddy's Mk2 GTI... 385 at the wheels, it is amazing his tranny does not just blow up every 15 feet!

scottandscott.jpg

P1000495.jpg

Fastest car around a corner.... I guess that would be a race spec Miata I rode in at a few autocross courses in Colorado. No pics of that, but man did my sides hurt when I got out!! The only thing I have ever cornered faster in would be a race spec kart, but that is an entirely new level right there!

Fastest straight line car would have to be my buddy's Mk2 GTI... 385 at the wheels, it is amazing his tranny does not just blow up every 15 feet!

385? to the front wheels? 1) why? 2) how? Im assuming big-ass turbo, but what else?

385? to the front wheels? 1) why? 2) how? Im assuming big-ass turbo, but what else?

Air to water intercooler, stand alone management (TEC-III), a basically stock motor, but aftermarket (beefier) pistons and rods. Moderate porting on the head too.

I forgot to address the why part.... why not??? He has been tinkering with the car forever and a day, and this is kind of where it ended up. We all know it is crazy amounts of overkill, but it is tons of fun when you can find traction!

67 Pontiac GTO for fastest in a straight line.
94 Honda Accord (haha... sigh) for fastest around the corners.

The GTO is by far more fun around corners, but no matter how much smoke the tires on the GTO creates, the Honda is always ahead of it coming out of the corner. Doesn't last long, though. :D

but it is tons of fun when you can find traction!

Can you? A friend of mine has a Passat VR6 with around 220hp and if you turn in and press the gas pedal it just keeps going forward. I can't imagine what it would be like with 385hp...

If he has slicks or drag radials on and REALLY feathers the clutch he can get it to bite and move out, but on street tires you can forget it! He ran a 14.5 quarter mile and blew a boost tube off (which forced him to basically coast) before the 1/8th mile point if that gives you any indication of what it can do.

If he has slicks or drag radials on and REALLY feathers the clutch he can get it to bite and move out, but on street tires you can forget it! He ran a 14.5 quarter mile and blew a boost tube off (which forced him to basically coast) before the 1/8th mile point if that gives you any indication of what it can do.

So probably 11.00-10.50 for a full run, hope he has a rollcage. I watched a guy run an 11.49 and get kicked off the track cause a any car running sub 11.5 needs a 'cage. Seemed a little ridiculous for .01 sec faster but saftey is saftey

Is it a VR6 or a 1.8t?

The fastest car I've driven (in a straight line) would either be my old '85 Chevy Camaro (~325hp, epic torque, 3.73 posi rear end) or a '04 Audi S4 with a few tweaks. Neither would've turned anything better than low 13's in the 1320, but man, both were so much fun to drive.

Easily the best cornering vehicle I've driven was the '06 KSU Formula SAE car. :lol: It definitely had problems, but it could corner well beyond my limited skill. With its CBR f4i engine and ~380lb curb weight it might be the fastest thing i've driven in a straight line too.
8.jpg

The best handling car I've driven was a mid-nineties MX6 V6 car with some fantastically sticky BFGoodrich tires and aftermarket brake pads. Not much, but a whole lot of fun on the street.

1. Benz E500
2. Friend's SCCA Miata, man that never let go!

SL63 AMG for fastest even though I didn't take it out of 2nd. And since I have not got a license yet I can't say I have cornered hard with anything.

but I imagine with different gearing you could get 360-370 kph out of it no?
I mean, a "standard Hayabusa" does 320 kph and that "only" has 180 hp IIRC

The manufacturer of the turbo kit says it will do atleast 360 with correct gearing..

what's you 0-62 and 0-100 time? i bet you struggle to keep the front down, but i'm just curious, the busa has "only" 180 hp for God's sake :blink:

0-100 about 3 sec with the proper rider, the problem is traction... My personal record is 3,4 sec. Yes, the bike will pop a wheelie at 200km/h if I'm not careful..

I've done 156mph in a new Toyota Avalon.

My RX8 can't even do 156 :(