Fastest four door saloon in the world

i think only production cars from manufacturers (and their official tuning outfits) are considered. which is why you may see an AMG merc and not brabus in any given superlatives list.

Re: Fastest four door saloon in the world

yobbo said:
Jeremy in his film heaven and hell mentioned that Maserati Quatroporte which doesn't care limiting top speed can do 170mph and that makes it the fastest four door saloon car. However James testing the Bentley Continental Flying Spur says: a top speed of 195mph and that makes it the fastest four door saloon in the world. But then we all know that mighty M5 without limiter does 205mph which makes it the fastest four door saloon in the world. OK so i'm a bit confused right now which car really is the fastest four door saloon in the world?

Heavan & Hell was on the shelf early 2005. so that means they must of dont the shouting in 2004. the Flying Spur was on the released as a production car in mid 2005. :thumbsup:

since you can just go to brabus and buy a car without first purchasing it from MB doesn't that technically make it straight from the factory just like how the 9ff Porsche Turbo was briefly the fastest production car in the world since they are considered a manufacturer by germany?

TF

The_Finn said:
since you can just go to brabus and buy a car without first purchasing it from MB doesn't that technically make it straight from the factory just like how the 9ff Porsche Turbo was briefly the fastest production car in the world since they are considered a manufacturer by germany?

TF

not quite. where do you think brabus gets its mercs from? brabus isn't the official factory tuner, AMG is.

POWERRR!! said:
The_Finn said:

TF

not quite. where do you think brabus gets its mercs from? brabus isn't the official factory tuner, AMG is.

right but 9ff does the same thing sure you can get a 996 from porsche and have it tuned by 9ff or you can go to the 9ff "factory" and just buy one of their cars which they buy new from Porsche and convert then to sell this makes them a manufacturer (in the eyes of germany anyway) which is my they were able to hold the Production car speed record albeit for about a week but still if that holds true for 9ff then it should hold true for Brabus as well.

TF

POWERRR!! said:
The_Finn said:

TF

But Brabus is the official tuner for smarts, which are Daimler Chrysler products...

The 9ff is way slower than the Veyron. Also the Audi TT bimoto form MTM is faster.

I'm just wondering if we should think different about the word "fast" - it isn't really hard to build up a saloon that can run 200mph in a straight line. But what about the bits in between. If you are driving a car on a track or on the roads you also want it to corner properly. Even on the "mighty" German Autobahn you can't really go as fast as you want - and thats probably the only place where it's legal to reach 200mph and more except racetracks. On the Autobahn you have lots of traffic and the condition of the roads is just horrible. So the "all things considered" - fastest car seems to be the Mitsubishi Evo VIII MR FQ400 followed by the mighty Audi RS4.
But thats just what I'm thinking...

Jan :)

teeb said:
POWERRR!! said:
The_Finn said:

TF

But Brabus is the official tuner for smarts, which are Daimler Chrysler products...

i don't think we are yet to see a 1000hp smart car. :mrgreen: or a 200mph one either

Clarkson tested the Audi RS6 to 175, and the speedo goes to 200. So I'd like to see it be tested to its top speed.

^all cars have a speed on there speeddo that is higher then there top speed. the new CLS 55 is limited to 250hph(155mph) yet the speeddo shows 320kph(200mph)

2006-Mercedes-Benz-CLS-55-AMG-IWC-Ingenieur-Gauges-1024x768.jpg

But the RS6 is one car that CAN do 200. No one has ever bothered to test it apparently. Audi frame design is capable of over 180 mph without being drag limited. Same for the Porsche Cayenne turbo. Limited to 170, but of course it could go faster, making it the fastest SUV.

brabus doesnt count since its tuned
m5 with the anti-green party modification doesnt count either?
eh...
is bentley all restricted too?

STi Nut said:
^all cars have a speed on there speeddo that is higher then there top speed.

correction - most do. Mine only goes to like 130 kph and ive had it pinned while still accelerating many times

Chupacabras said:
STi Nut said:
^all cars have a speed on there speeddo that is higher then there top speed.

correction - most do. Mine only goes to like 130 kph and ive had it pinned while still accelerating many times

Hehe, very true.
Back in the 70's-80's most US cars had 80-85mph speedo's. :bangin:
My Scirocco has an 80mph speedo....I've pulled as high as 135mph with it calculating gear ratios/rpm's/roling tire diameter.

Of course I've more than doubled the original 76hp with larger displacement and some other "tweeks". ;)

^all cars have a speed on there speeddo that is higher then there top speed. the new CLS 55 is limited to 250hph(155mph) yet the speeddo shows 320kph(200mph)

The M5 can (unlimited off course) almost kiss it's 330 kph tach. limit. With the wind in the right direction and maybe a little down hill 330 kph should be manageable.

M3lover said:

The M5 can (unlimited off course) almost kiss it's 330 kph tach. limit. With the wind in the right direction and maybe a little down hill 330 kph should be manageable.

Yes. we know the M5 can hit 200mph but stock out of the factory it is limited to 155mph. so it is not the fastest four door car