Favorite driving sneakers

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S
So, I'm in the market for a new pair of driving sneakers. I have a pair of Puma Sparco (discontinued) shoes that are about to wear out in the toe, and I'm looking for a new pair of shoes. They have to be driving style shoes, you know, with the wrap-around heel. I'd prefer them to be suede or leather, because it rains a lot here in Florida and they're more resistant to soaking through in a rainstorm.

... and go.

Driving sneakers? Haven't heard of that before. :) I drive barefoot 99% of the time, but when I do wear shoes some low profile Sketchers tend to be the best sneakers where I can still get some feedback in my feet when driving. Something like these below. If you want something nicer I'm sure someone else can help out.

https://www.zappos.com/p/skechers-re...582962/color/3

i know people whose car is worth less than those shoes

avanti;n3547748 said:
Class it up, go with the original!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/motorcarmarketplace.com\/wp-content\/uploads\/2018\/01\/Car-shoe-780x336.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I already have a set of driving loafers for getting to and from work. I'm looking for some more suitable for weekends.

hell yes!!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/pic.armedcats.net\/b\/bo\/bone\/2018\/03\/23\/shoes.PNG"}[/IMG2]

ordered!
thanks! :D

Last edited:
WDWBen;n3547767 said:
I already have a set of driving loafers for getting to and from work. I'm looking for some more suitable for weekends.

Italian loafers without socks...obviously :p

I'll have to check the outlets near me for Puma. I'm not apt to buy Merc or BMW or Ferrari branded shoes, though, when I'm driving around in a Mazda. I have the brown velcro-y ones, but there isn't a rubber sole in the very middle of the bottom, which SUCKS when it rains every day in the summer. I'll try a few on, though.

So, Puma online had a sale the other day, and a code on top of it, plus free standard shipping. So I picked up a pair of black Drift Cat 7s ($90) on sale ($74), and then 30% off that price, for a grand total of $52.49.

I almost exclusively wear the Puma Vedano. I've had at least 6 or 7 pairs over the last 7 years, and because Puma has really good sales/coupons regularly (as you discovered in the post above), I have 4 or 5 more new pairs in my closet ready to go. Basically every time they drop to under $45, I buy two pairs.

Last edited:
CrzRsn;n3547921 said:
I almost exclusively wear the Puma Vedano. I've had at least 6 or 7 pairs over the last 7 years, and because Puma has really good sales/coupons regularly (as you discovered in the post above), I have 4 or 5 more new pairs in my closet ready to go. Basically every time they drop to under $45, I buy two pairs.

I have three pairs of those. Here's my issues with them: 1) the fabric straps holding the Velcro bits stretches, so eventually, they don't fit anymore and my girlfriend's sewing machine doesn't sew through leather (requires a big friggin' needle for that), 2) while I love the two-section sole, not having rubber in the middle of the shoe is an issue when it rains in Florida, as the leather really likes to absorb the water. But other than that, I really love them, haha. I was just looking for something that wouldn't have those issues. I'll probably get another pair of Vedanos at some point. Just right now, not so much.