Favourite Motorsport Video Game

Lately I haven't had much time to play any games :( , but when I do I usually play Gran Turismo 3 (waiting for the next release).

But if you like PC car games then you should try this. It's just a demo and a press release, but it was on many finnish forums then it might be okay to post this here also. Game has extremely good sounds and cars handels also very good. IMO it will be the best car game atleast at the moment.
ftp://anonymous@ftp.gtr.cust.port80.se/gtr_press_demo1.exe
When installing it asks a password and it is GTR_Press_Demo
The final version should come in autumn.
Games developers site http://www.simbin.com

If this link isn't allowed here, then feel free to delete it!

EDIT: file size is around 150MB.

^^ That game looks very promising.
You get to drive the Lister Storm, the one that Tiff raced (races?) in...
The sounds are the best I've heard on a racing game and the handling seems very realistic.
The neatest feature is that the game is using the same telemitry analyzing software that the pro teams are using (Motec).
The best time I got so far in Spa is 2:17.

P.S. Simbin is giving away a t-shirt for every 1000th person that registers.

yeah I have the GTR demo since it's out and I like it a lot. Can't wait to try the final version with the live track thingie

Have yet to download it. Been meaning to...

GTR game is great, but lately I only enjoy playing online games. I heard that Gran Turismo 4 is going to be an online game, if thats true that would be awsome.

WoW, That thanx for the link, ESPNSTI. I see GT4 is improved a lot. I loved how they made that you can see the driver now, like in that shelby, and the crowd during the rally race , just awsome.

ESPNSTI said:
I just finished watching this GT4 video, it's looking good:

http://www.exit-asia.com/temp/pv_gt4_e3.wmv

Those weren't actual in-game scenes, were they?
If yes I think it looks absolutely brilliant! But it reminds me of the cut-scenes in GT...

However, perhaps I'll have to get a used PS2... Man, they even included the N?rburgring Nordschleife! :shock:

cya
Oli

PS: Anybody of you went to the Nordschleife, yet?
I have never been there but it's only about 60 miles away...

N?rburgring is the best race track in the world as far as I'm concerned, but unfortunately, I've never been there.
As for the GT4 video, I don't know if that's in-game stuff, I sure hope so.

best car games, hmm thats a toughie for me on the consoles it has to be Grantourismo due to its originality and number of tracks etc. (the original one not the entire franchise, 2 was good, 3 was a let down ) I have the GT4 prologue and I think the game is going to disappoint too and I doubt it brings anything new to the game as things have moved on, PGR2 on the Xbox is great for the arcadey stuff.

best car game on the PC for me was Rally Championship 2000 I tell you that game with a decent forcefeedback wheel and pedals makes you feel like you are there and I haven't played many that can match it, I still play it now what 4 years on, GP4 is not bad once you have modded it and the codemaster series are OK, that GTR Demo looks like it got what it takes too, played very nice, I may buy this when it comes out.

oliB said:
PS: Anybody of you went to the Nordschleife, yet?
I have never been there but it's only about 60 miles away...

Yes I visited there in last august and actually drove a couple of laps. It is absolutely the best track that I have driven. Long fast straights, tight corners... it has everything what you can dream of from the track. But it is also quite dangerous to drive, I mean if some part brokes while you are driving on the fast straight. There aren't very big safety areas. It is an great experience to drive in there, so if you ask me it's worth to go there even from another country.

If someone doesn't know what kind of track is it, then click this link.
http://nurburgring.de/
Make sure you watch the videos also.

PS. That is good place to see supercars like this Merc SLR. When I was in Nordschleife there was Klaus Ludvig (former DTM-champ) testing and filming this new black SLR. The engine sounded so grazy :) .

The stuff that ESPNSTI posted is the in game stuff. I have GT4 Prologue and its graphical quality is similar to that in the vid.

haha604 said:
The stuff that ESPNSTI posted is the in game stuff. I have GT4 Prologue and its graphical quality is similar to that in the vid.

Where did you manage to get GT4 Prologue in Canada? Did you have to order it, or did you get it somewhere in Vancouver?

Guys GT4 Prologue is just like a DEMO. The final version of GT4 is going to be improved A LOT, trust me. Including graphics, car physics and other stuff. In the final version of GT4, it will have up to 500 cars; and you can take the car on the any track in the came and take a picture and print it. At least thats what the makers have been talkin about. Thats why its taking them so long to make it.

P.S.
GT4 is set to release in fall 2004

kenezzite said:
Guys GT4 Prologue is just like a DEMO. The final version of GT4 is going to be improved A LOT, trust me. Including graphics, car physics and other stuff. In the final version of GT4, it will have up to 500 cars; and you can take the car on the any track in the came and take a picture and print it. At least thats what the makers have been talkin about. Thats why its taking them so long to make it.

P.S.
GT4 is set to release in fall 2004

won't be released long before christmas is my bet.

if not early next year :roll: