Feb 03 - Blackwood GP Track Standard FOX [9:55]

my motherboard is coming back now, so i should be on my main PC for this race :banana:
banana_flip.gif

Sadly I hate the track and the car :(
My best so far: 1:12:xx...
Well, that means practice for today.

One of my best chances to win this season and it all went horribly wrong. Had nice fight with Pdanev in sprint, but fcukd up last corner entry in lap 5 or so and dropped to 4th place ;.(

Feature... 3rd place start, driving like shit and everyone passed me, decided to make a tactical pitstop in lap 1, only to realise the fuel won't last the whole race. Disconnected. Then came back to get some points and to do some hotlapping.

Gonna miss next race and probably the one after it as well.

Last edited:
pfff what a race. Got a nice qualifying time :) and the sprint was quite easy.
The feature however was going to be interesting :lol:
I took R2 in the front and back for optimal tire conditions. ( I thought that R1 wouldn't last the whole race :)) anyway, the start was quite good, and with all the overtaking I turned in too early, got on the curb and I lost control. Thank god nobody hit me then.
So, then the whole maximum attack race started. :p
After a ~20 laps I closed the gap with Espn who was leading. When he pitted I checked my fuel and saw that i got only 3 laps togo. So I started pushing more, and pitted 2 laps later. The gap was then only 3 seconds orso.
Then after a few laps things where getting tight. close racing. :) but then i got some frame drops. :( I couldnt set any fast times and the gap was getting bigger and bigger. Then I got my 90fps back again, and it was maximum attack again :)
I overtook Espn in the last corner, not sure what happened to espn there.

The i was extending my gap even more, but because I took R2, the tires where getting cold. Way to cold for fast laptimes. So in the end it was a really close finish 8)

Nice close racing :) although the combo was not so easy for everyone :( ( From my point of view it was a great race :))
sorry for the long post:p

Then came back to get some points and and to do some hotlapping..
And taking the fastest laptime away for me :(

This went much better for me than expected, largely due to the problems the others were having no doubt.
I took R1's for the feature which held up nicely.
Since I figured I would be slow (which I was), I made a low drag setup, which I imagined would allow me to pass in the straights, and hold up people in the corners.
This strategy seemed to have worked out just fine.

Here are the stats:
http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info//LFS/Stats/2007S1/2007-02-03_14.54.34_results_race.html
http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info//LFS/Stats/2007S1/2007-02-03_15.24.48_results_race.html

My PC decided that I shouldn't finish the Sprint by giving me a BSOD. That sucked.

The feature was alright at start, I seemed to be a little slower than everyone else, but the gap didn't get very big either. Gained a few positions when others screwed up. I pitted at lap 30 and ended up just behind AlPayson. From then onwards there was 20 laps of prime class fighting. I was constantly faster, but he just always forced me on to a bad line. Seemed like there was no way past. On lap 50 I finally got past, I was little suprised myself.

Last edited:
i hate work. again, i have to miss a race. i need some points.

EDIT: wow, a three way tie for first after this race. lots of excitement for this season already8).

Last edited:
First of all I'm glad I even made it to the race, my flight from Budapest was on time, but I still had to rush to catch a train from the airport, luckily 1h before race start I was home.

Sadly, it meant no practice whatsoever. I was pretty slow, occassional high 1:08 but otherwise 1:09s.

Sprint was nice, happy with 2nd place, no way to catch Firefox, so I decided not to push hard and make it across the finish in 1 piece. Had a bit of pressure from lonely, nice fight, which sadly ended when he spun, but I must admit seeing him spin in my mirror made me relax a bit. :)

Feature was very good & disaster at the same time. I didn't have a proper setup, no time for practice or testing, so I just put R2s on the WR setup. Already that was a bad choice, since I didn't reduce tire pressure and the tires were far from optimal temp, they wouldn't heat up no matter what. Nevertheless, I was keeping a good pace, pretty much like the rest of the field 1:09s. Quite a lot of action in the beginning, lot of people around, only ESPN managed to pull away. Otherwise I had some fights with pretty much everyone else. I made some small mistakes and others passed me, I fought back, was quite nice, I didn't expect much from this race. I even spun once as the non-fg guy pushed me onto the sand @ S curve exit, did a quick 360 but caught it back real nice and I was on his tale in no time again. However around lap 30 or so, I went through the ditch in the chicane and my car got completely out of control, spun, hit the wall on the left, flipped, and slided for ages on "roof". Reset, complete damage, made it to the pit nevertheless real slow. Got fixed, refueled, and started pushing. After the others made pit stops, I was behind the non-fg guy I think about 15s. Started shaving off very nicely, down to 10s, and it would have been a very close race... However I lost it again in the chicane, spun, and gap was 20+ seconds, all hopes gone. Suspension was fucked, even more mistakes, spins, had to pit a second time because the car didn't react to steering, dunno why... I guess front spoiler was scratching the ground.

I was really pissed because till the middle it was a very nice race and then it all ended. :(

Last edited:
I'm glad to hear someone had a good race at least....

As you can see from graphs I sucked all the way through. Started on pole for long race (being last in sprint), and dropped to last after losing control in chicane in 2nd lap or so. Then a dosen more spins. In addition to being slowest overall, it's not a good combo...

Pdanev made me sweat for 2-3 laps when he pitted 10 laps before finish and rejoined behind me. 10s gap, 10 laps behind. I had a chance, but I screwed that up too :)

sorry i didn't show up again for this race. as you know, i was expecting to join with a fully working PC, but it didn't happen. might be around next week, no promises though :(