Feb 24 - Fern Bay Gold Standard [8:50]

i like this track, and even with the setup used for todays race i could get round without crashing :) look forward to it.

Atleast it's not South City ;)

Atleast it's not South City ;)

Hey...:lol:

I just drove FE Black for the SIMFIA DTM race on Tuesdays and remembered FE Gold. Technical fast track.

The chicane.. horrible :driving:
Otherwise I like this track, but on the chicane there seems to be only one way to get through fast without crashing. Small mistake and you are dead :(

There is a good chance I might not make the rest of the season. I'll have to see how things turn out.

Another disappointment, I was sure I was going to pass Geeman for the lead this week, but mr. thunderstorm thought it funny to knock out the power in the feature.
Oh well, the race wasn't going all that well anyway, people were crashing in front of me, in to me, and I was crashing in to them.
I hadn't had a decent lap right until I got kicked.

Anyway, here are the sprint race stats:
http://espnsti.iridiumonline.info/LFS/Stats/2007S1/2007-02-24_14.22.45_results_race.html

Terrible race, worst one ever. I haven't made so many mistakes in my life.

Race start was more or less good, I crashed into ESPN, apparently he was inside after the long straight double left hander. Didn't see him at all and bang, he spun I went into the buggy wall and had shitload of damage, but could still race. Car felt odd though on some places, and I lost it before 2nd straight, spun backwards into the wall and landed on roof. Made it into pits, didn't plan to pit anymore. Little did I know that I will spin twice in the chicane, once hitting the fence massively, damage again, pit again. Before race end, went through tires once. Terrible race....

Besides, I couldn't make a proper lap, couldn't keep a rhythm with so many crashes and spins. Only had 2-3 laps below 1:16, so utterly slow pace.

Shame, I liked the combo, but lately I'm not in good shape. 2nd race this season that I just barely make it home before the race, after traveling across half Europe all the way from Budapest HUN to Maastricht NL. The trip is already exhausting and playing LFS after that apparently doesn't work out so good.

not bad for me, i got throught the whole race without having to pit or reset.started pretty well, held onto 4th place for a few laps, but slowly started dropping back. ok so it was only 7th at the end, but after switching places with MxM i don't know how many times, because one of us would crash, and then the other and so on...:)

was quite pleased considering i was using a tweaked version of last weeks set, and i hadn't really practiced :)

Started practicing for the race earlier today and it kind of shows...

My race was pretty much like pdanev's, lots and lots of mistakes and way too many spins. And one tyre that blew up and pretty much ended my hopes for a 3rd place finish.

It was boring. I was slow pretty much all the time. Other people just made mistakes and I didn't, so ended up 5th and 3rd. That's about it.

Great feature for me anyway. Spun 3 times in the sprint though.

In the feature, managed to get into the 1:14's which im happy with considering the first time i played this combo was when i joined for the practise races before Q. I ended up aiming to not be lapped by prophet, got to the last lap a few seconds in front of him, but put a wheel on the grass and lost it, so i ended up getting lapped anyway.

Tyres were perfect but so thin at the end, they were smoking for the last few laps.

Perfect setup (used prophets).

could someone make the stats for the feature race so i can update the points table. or, if the replay's posted, i'll make it. thanks.

prophet, could you post your skin file, i don't have it in my skins_x folder as i cleaned it out. thanks.