Federal government spending fun time.

argatoga

Can't Start His Wank
Car(s)
'08 Pontiac Solstice GXP
Last edited:
Any modern version of Office won't enable Macros on documents by default. 2010 for instance will always ask for you to enable them. the point is mute here however as there are no macros in this file.

Last edited:
Around $900 Billion was spent on welfare spending alone (up 24.3% vs. 2008) so I think there are bigger fish to fry in the budget...

Last edited:
Military spending needs to be reduced. It is simply the biggest expedature of government money that is no longer needed. We still have bases all over the world for no real reason other than to have them there. I see no further need to be in Germany, Italy, South Korea, japan, Bahrain, etc., etc..

Instead those resources should go towards rebuilding infrastructure like roads, power and other utilities.

I have an idea how to save $8.1 billion: TSA.
Steve Moore, who identifies himself as a former FBI Special Agent and head of the Los Angeles Joint Terrorism Task Force Al Qaeda squad, says that the TSA is useless. He says that they don't catch terrorists. He says they won't catch terrorists. He says that they can't catch terrorists. Oh, he also claims 35 years' piloting experience and a father was United's head of security and anti-hijacking SWAT training and experience.

EPA is $8.5 billion. They've gone after wood-burning stoves lately. Really???

FEMA is another $13.5 billion and has failed miserably with Katrina and Sandy.

Why do we have the Department of Defense, the Department of Homeland Security, the Department of Justice, FBI, CIA, etc... I feel like there is a whole lot of overlap there and that some of those could be trimmed down.

Here's a few that I stumbled upon that sound a bit... over the top:
  • National Wild Horse and Burro Program - $1 billion
  • Administration on Aging - $2 billion
  • Head Start Bureau - $8.1 billion
  • Healthy Marriage Initiative
  • Department of Health and Human Services, with its $78.4 billion budget, has programs such as Office of Minority Health and Office on Women?s Health
and many, many more

Military spending needs to be reduced. It is simply the biggest expedature of government money that is no longer needed. We still have bases all over the world for no real reason other than to have them there. I see no further need to be in Germany, Italy, South Korea, japan, Bahrain, etc., etc..

Instead those resources should go towards rebuilding infrastructure like roads, power and other utilities.

In is in our interests to be out in the world militarily. It produces a certain amount of stability that allows world wide commerce to flow more smoothly. We have bases in certain areas because those areas are close to places that are in our interests. We are in South Korea because they are our allies and we have made certain commitments to protect them from North Korea. We are in Japan for historical reasons and because it is close to an important area of the world. Italy is close to Middle East and the rest of the countries surrounding Mediterranean. Our forces are furthering and protecting our interests, be they political or material. I believe in the Pax Americana, in the American "empire" of sorts. It is in our interests to shoulder the burden because if we do not someone else will, someone significantly less palatable I can guarantee it.

Wich you found out after downloading and opening it ...

But sorry to derail this so much, I?m just saying a 2 second google would bought up some nice html. Don?t need no new MS office for that, don?t have to worry about downloading potentially (again, half-serious) infected files ...

http://www.fedspending.org/fpds/tables.php?tabtype=t2&subtype=t&year=2011

You?re welcome. :bunny:

Any modern version of Office will not run macros without your consent.

In is in our interests to be out in the world militarily. It produces a certain amount of stability that allows world wide commerce to flow more smoothly. We have bases in certain areas because those areas are close to places that are in our interests. We are in South Korea because they are our allies and we have made certain commitments to protect them from North Korea. We are in Japan for historical reasons and because it is close to an important area of the world. Italy is close to Middle East and the rest of the countries surrounding Mediterranean. Our forces are furthering and protecting our interests, be they political or material. I believe in the Pax Americana, in the American "empire" of sorts. It is in our interests to shoulder the burden because if we do not someone else will, someone significantly less palatable I can guarantee it.

You're right, there has never been any blowback from this ever.

Any modern version of Office will not run macros without your consent.

You're right, there has never been any blowback from this ever.

Ultimately I believe the positives have outweighed the negatives.

That is highly debatable.

Ultimately I believe the positives have outweighed the negatives.

That is highly debatable.

This.

The petty despots the U.S. put in place after overthrowing legitimate democracies hasn't worked out well. Nor has wonderful activities like arming the Mujahideen. Not to mention Kissinger and the failure of realpolitik, that is another discussion though.

Arming the Mujahideen actually worked however. The goals of that action were realized. Arm the rebels and give the Soviets a black eye. Operation Ajax also worked, protect the oil interests and keep Iran out of the Soviet sphere. The 1979 Revolution was a set back but not a total one.