Feedback on a donation program/status?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was trying to think one, but then the old titles were going to be imported, so i just went with the old title (and have forgotten how i got it :unsure:)
I have a vague recollection of a terribad CD that was purchased for driving tunes,

Donated, keeping this community alive and well is worth much more than 20$.

I will donate as soon as i get onto a computer at work.

my title is already fabulous, but okay

Temporarily disabled the ability to donate at this time.

Er, OK. I just got paid and was going to make my donation this evening.

I'm not sure if the PayPal account linked to the forums is accessible by his family at this time.

Yes of course, that makes sense. They will have other priorities right now. I'll put the money aside and donate as soon as it's back up and running.

It will probably take some time to go through probate, it will be up to Alex's family what they want to do with any funds his accounts. Paypal is a bank now, so they have to follow the probate laws.

I sent my donation today, realising after I hit confirm that the money went to Alex's account. I don't mind if it goes to his family.

Is the donation thing live again? I know it got paused because of Alex's passing but I've never seen anything about it being back up and running.

I don't think there's been any discussions on restarting it or how to handle it....

In that case, should there be?
Hosting a forum is expensive, and I think I speak for a lot here in saying that we'd be glad to chip in to keep it alive, especially with Alex gone. That being said, I don't know how long it takes to put someone's affairs in order, and getting the paypal details for keeping their forum alive is very low on that list.

Agreed. The only reason I'm not yet a donor is because I'd just had an expensive month and needed to wait until pay day to confirm and by the time that rolled around the system had been suspended.

I'd love to chip in, given what FG has done for me over the years.

Apparently it has been a year since I donated, another $20 payment just went out of my Paypal account. I forgot that it was a rolling payment to Alex's account.

I'm perfectly happy to continue donating to the site but does anyone know where that money goes now? Should I cancel the rolling payment and send money elsewhere in future?

Apparently it has been a year since I donated, another $20 payment just went out of my Paypal account. I forgot that it was a rolling payment to Alex's account.

I'm perfectly happy to continue donating to the site but does anyone know where that money goes now? Should I cancel the rolling payment and send money elsewhere in future?
I have the same questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.