Ferrari 458 Italia revealed (F-430 replacement)

^I completely agree, although for me that car would be the F355. Above eveything, it really was meant to be the best car in the world, and because of that, it isn't anywhere near as much a flash posermobile a Ferrari is today. The styling is almost 100% perfect too. There's no angle where it doesn't look fabulous, whilst still somehow quite understated.

I went off Ferrari soon after they stopped making it. I think the Italia could start my love again with them...It has that thing about it.

Yes, the 355 was and always will be exactly what a car is supposed to look like, it is perfection or in the words of the TG guys it may very well have been Ferraris concord moment. my daydreaming always includes an f355 ripping apart the Ring or something along those lines. i have been telling people for years that i will die in a huge fireball on the Ring in a 355, thats how i wanna go!

Doesn't matter who they're "for", just who buys them.

I see a lot of Ferrari owners. None of them have racing driver's forearms. There are a lot of Ferraris where I live. All of them are posing. I've also never seen a (modern, street) Ferrari driven particularly well on the track.

I'm sure there are plenty of Ferraris in very capable and skilled hands, but I've never seen one, at least knowingly.

my point was that rappers and american football and basketball players buy Lambs because they wanna show off money and most of them have no sence of driving where, on the other hand, the type of people that buy Ferrari's are car people. just because they dont run off to every track day is beyond the point. if i owned one then i would be doing in it what i am doing now in my mustang and that is tearing up exit ramps and back roads and that probobly it. its not always the way you drive it, but, its how you see it and how you feel in it. Its a Ferrari.

Wait, wait, wait. No Manual? Kiss my arse Ferrari.

Yes, they way of the Manual is gone i believe. im sure they will be here and there, but, overall leaving the auto world for good.:(

the rear is pretty evil-looking but it works and the whole look is bloody impressive and stunning
i never really used to like ferrari's (shock and horror) but i've warmed up to them recently what with the scud and now this baby 'ere

I dont like it

but... I said the same thing about the F430 when I first saw pictures of it, and now that ive seen that car in person as well as seen way more pictures of it, I really like it now. So I suspect this will grow on me as well. Some cars just need to be seen in person and/or in motion to be understood.

well after looking at high res pics of it for a little bit, its already grown on me, and I like it now

but the three exhaust tips are still wierd

what I'd be doing right now, (among other things) if I had a gazillion billion dollars, is calling up Ferrari, and happily telling them that I'd love to to order ten of these, but Id only do it if they had manuals in them

wonder what theyd do then, hmm

:love:

My god that is hot. And like others have said, in the F40's case, it was form following function. Everything on that car was there because it had to be, not because it looked pretty. 2 tips for the downpipes, and a center one for the wastegates.

F40%20engine%202.jpg

With this, either the center pipe is just utterly fake or it carries some odd amount of exhaust gas from like half a cylinder...

Last edited:
Fake pipes = FAIL

The new 458 Italia isn't as amazing as I thought it would be. No doubt it has very clean and smooth lines, the triple exhaust pipes just don't fit on the car. Ferrari also removed the double backlights and full grill. I think that they should have just stuck with the full grill thing.

On another note, I would definitely like to hear the sound (or roar) of the 458. I hope it sounds as awesome as the Scuderia or the Enzo.

The new 458 Italia isn't as amazing as I thought it would be. No doubt it has very clean and smooth lines, the triple exhaust pipes just don't fit on the car. Ferrari also removed the double backlights and full grill. I think that they should have just stuck with the full grill thing.

On another note, I would definitely like to hear the sound (or roar) of the 458. I hope it sounds as awesome as the Scuderia or the Enzo.

I imagine it will sound very similar to the 430, maybe more frantic because of the extra valve. But they are close in displacement.

It shouldn't sound anything like the Enzo. Enzo's engine has completely different architecture, 4 more cylinders and quite a bit more displacement and power.

464894227_eaebe1f91e_b.jpg

Can someone post a high res version of this?

I think the 458 is better looking then any other new Ferrari, but that's not saying much. I still don't like the Enzo style taillights that bulge over the trunk line. Other then that though, and the front badge, it looks great. But the slushbox only thing is unfortunate.

Love the CGIs of the internals showing off the flat crank action of the engine at 1:14

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4fCYmoAy9M&feature=channel[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Wow. This interior is WAAAAY too fiddly and overdesigned.

670x377Image.jpg

And some more pics that make it just seem more ugly IMO.

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

670x377Image.jpg

Pics from Topgear.com

See, I for one love the interior.

That one pic of the front, hmm, not so sure about that.

I have to see it in person.

Not so sure about the silver bits but I'm sure there are several different trim options. All in all, I love it. I hope the California allowed them to make it as hard-edged and racey as possible.

Would be a grat car to kick off the next series, wouldn't it?

I like the interior, for sure it isn't boring.

The front reminds me of :] emot and for me it doesn't look good, but the rest of car is great. And I'm saying to myself that this front is that because of aerodynamics and will make car faster, so it's justified. ;)