Ferrari 612 - Do you like its looks?

Ferrari 612 - Do you like its looks?

• Total voters
Old thread but I want to know if there is track lap time for the 612 on Top Gear?

The 612 (and 599) are just ghastly. Some of the fugliest Ferrari's ever.

Its a car that really grew on me. I've have mine in dark blue or black though. Red just doesn't work on the 612.

The 599 is far better looking.

612 looks like of like a frog to be honest. I'd rather have a 599GTB.

For some reason i think it's a super good looking car. Don't know why cause it's not really beautiful in a conventional way. Maybe it's just because I think it looks sophisticated.

True that. It's calmer, more demure than a 599. That's a bold step away for Ferrari.

Compared to the 456 it's a travesty...but I guess its not too bad. (of course I think the 456 is the prettiest Ferrari since the 60s)

Ferrari_456_GT_1.JPG

These can actually be had for LESS than $40k with low miles these days...

Last edited:
Old thread but I want to know if there is track lap time for the 612 on Top Gear?

No, not yet. The complete list is here.

And you can have a 456 for the too-good-to-be-true cost of $40k, but ever price out parts or service on any Ferrari?

And just for the record, the 612 is the ugliest Ferrari ever.

All the current Ferrari's are ugly. The 612 is probably the least ugly of the group.

Mmmmm the 456 is a good one. I forgot that one exsisted for a minute. Too bad 90% of Ferrari's after 1990 have sucked hard in the design department.

While I can appreciate every thing a rear-mounted mid-engined car can do, I love the idea of a front-engined V12 tourer...and with the fantastic interior it can have, it's my favorite current Ferrari. I've never seen a California in person yet, but probably soon. I've seen two 599s in the last week, so it won't be long until the California's are on the roads here. Unitl then, I can say that if I won the lottery and drove past a Ferrari dealership, I'd have my name on a 612.

I never liked the 612. It's too conservative. It's not Ferrari enough. It works better as a Maserati.

I never liked the 612. It's too conservative. It's not Ferrari enough. It works better as a Maserati.

Front-engined V12 GT cars are what Ferrari has always made (goes all the way back to the 195 Inter).

It's looks just dominate people's opinions which makes everyone forget it's 5.7L V12.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k7NkBheEMs[/YOUTUBE]

Front-engined V12 GT cars are what Ferrari has always made (goes all the way back to the 195 Inter).

It's looks just dominate people's opinions which makes everyone forget it's 5.7L V12.

If you took the badges off of a 612 and a 599 and you showed both of them to a bunch of random people and said "1 is a Ferrari and 1 is a Maserati" I guarantee you the 612 would get labeled the Maser most of the time. It doesn't matter what engine it's got because having a Ferrari that looks like a Ferrari is half of it, and the 612 doesn't look like a Ferrari. I don't know why anyone would choose the 612 over the 599.

I don't like the looks of it. The back is okay, but the front is very ugly. I agree with it being one of the worst looking Ferrari's ever. The 599 however is one of the best looking, I love that car.