Ferrari California vs Jaguar F-Type

Ferrari California vs Jaguar F-Type

• Ferrari California T

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Jaguar F-Type

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
I think I like the new California better. The Jag is awesome, but the front is a bit busy. The new California looks clean!

Jaguar. Dat exhaust burble.

That's just code for, I can't afford the Ferrari or the Jag but HEY I can buy an MX-5... it's a stylish rear drive roadster too!
Apples and oranges. There are situations where a Miata would be more fun and there are others where that doesn't hold up at all.

F-type all the way. It sounds amazing, and the top end V8 model costs half as much as the California, which carries the stigma of an entry level Ferrari. Also, the V8 F-type has nearly 100HP more than the California.

Last edited:
F-type all the way. It sounds amazing, and the top end V8 model costs half as much as the California, which carries the stigma of an entry level Ferrari. Also, the V8 F-type has nearly 100HP more than the California.

Ferrari California T:
560cv@7500rpm/755Nm@4750rpm

Jaguar F-Type:
550PS@6500rpm/680nm@3500

And that's for the F-Type R Coup?. The convertible, which is the whole point of the California, has less power (495PS).

On the other hand, you're right about the price difference. :p

Well I looked at the original California, which only has 460HP.. :)

Well I looked at the original California, which only has 460HP.. :)

I suspected that. :)
Also "only" 460hp sounds absurd. :lol:

I suspected that. :)
Also "only" 460hp sounds absurd. :lol:

Clarkson said a few years ago on one of his DVDs that 400hp is barely enough to get you off your driveway these days. :D

I'd buy the Jag, or keep my money and buy an Aston V8 Vantage.

I'd buy the Maserati.

maserati-grancabrio.jpg

I'd buy the Maserati.

maserati-grancabrio.jpg

I was about to give you a stern warning about this discussion not being about the Maserati, but I must agree. :lol:

Still, not relevant to that discussion. :p

Huummm...
In my opinion the California is the best looking Ferrari on sale today but the F-Type still looks a lot better than it and is available in a coupe version which looks even better :)

For not being a Ferrari fan it's strange that I just might go for one out of these two, at least looks wise. Then again, the V6 Jaaaag sounds better and that price of the Ferrari is hard to justify. Choices, choices...