• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ferrari could be floated in Fiat financial shake-up

Overheat

Forum Addict
The Financial Times reports that Fiat may list Ferrari on the stock market in a restructuring move of the Italian auto giant. Fiat, which owns 56 percent of Ferrari, had considered floating the sportscar maker and F1 champions in 2002, but opted then to sell a minority stake in the company to an Italian bank at the time. Now, though, a float seems more likely, especially since Fiat doesn't have to answer to former partner GM: the recent pay-off by GM to cancel a put option to buy Fiat has resulted in greater freedom for Fiat to rearrange its businesses. Putting up Ferrari, valued at over 2.3billion euros, is one way to boost revenues. Another reshuffle could see Maserati leaving its partnership with Ferrari and linking up with Alfa Romeo instead, with which it could then share marketing and R&D costs.

FERRARI_BADGE.jpg

It means "to release for sale"

Currently Listening To: Somebody Told Me - The Killers - Somebody Told Me (2004)

So now that GM and Fiat split, will this affect Alfa Romeo's chances in coming back to the US?

I hope not.

Viggen said:
So now that GM and Fiat split, will this affect Alfa Romeo's chances in coming back to the US?

I hope not.

It better not. I'm gonna rip GM's ass if they don't bring it here BUT maybe I'll move to Europe before that happens.