Ferrari driving school

mojo_786

Car(s)
Mazda Protege
The mythical Italian race team and car builder is bringing its driver training program to North America in a two-day program held at the famous Le Circuit Mont-Tremblant, north of Montreal, Quebec.

By Michael Bettencourt and Marc Lachapelle
Before you get too excited, there's a catch: it's only for Ferrari owners. Ferrari North America has confirmed that it will offer a factory-authorized Ferrari Driving School at the Le Circuit race complex, in Mont-Tremblant, north of Montreal in the province of Quebec.

Legendary Track Reborn
The school will help owners nudge their cars closer to their machinery's capabilities by improving their driving skills at this legendary race venue.

The original track was built by a group of enthusiasts in 1964 and quickly became renowned for its degree of difficulty and its exceptional setting. The first-ever round of the historically-famous Can-Am series was held there in 1966.

Le Circuit hosted several Formula 1 Grand Prix and numerous other major events, both international and national, in the following decades.

At the turn of the century, the course was entirely resurfaced, on the classic original layout, and expanded to enable multiple driving events or racing schools to be held simultaneously.

The track, which had also been brought up to the latest FIA safety standards, was reopened in 2002. The new owner also refurbished and modernized the adjoining facilities and services.

Modelled after Italian Factory Program
The new Ferrari Driving School will open this spring, and run from May to October, with reservations available through Ferrari North America or authorized Ferrari dealers.

The 'Ferrari Driving Experience', by its official name, will become the first program of its kind in North America. It was modelled after the Ferrari S.p.A. driving course in Italy

Course instructions will correspond to the basic "Pilota Ferrari" course offered in Italy, on Ferrari's Fiorano test track in Maranello. There, Ferrari offers a range of instruction levels, from basic all the way up to a full racing course.

A Complete Package
The North American program will be offered as an exclusive and comprehensive 'lifestyle' package that will include transportation to and from Montreal, lodging in the posh five-star Hotel Quintessence hotel in Mont-Tremblant, a welcome reception and dinners, in addition to the intensive two-day driving program itself.

The track program will be led by Ferrari's own team of professional instructors. Students will be using a fleet of twelve brand-new Ferrari F430 'Berlinetta' coupes.

How much, you say, for all this? The organizers mention an all-inclusive fee of $8,200 US, which includes all taxes.

Reservations for the program can be made through Ferrari North America, through one of the authorized Ferrari dealers in North America, or online at www.experienceferrari.com now.

Source:
http://en.autos.sympatico.msn.ca/as/minishow/article.aspx?contentID=4023025&s=CIAS2006

YES!!!!!!!!

The Porsche day is $1000 US and I'll plan on taking that after I'm done with the BMW Driver Training.

mojo_786 said:
Woe.. serious...

Does the porsche school or lessons require you to own a porsche?

Nope. None of these schools require you to own the car. ;)

Before you get too excited, there's a catch: it's only for Ferrari owners.

Im hoping to secure myself a 308 GTBi after college...in 4 years :(

wooflepoof said:

That's crap :(. None of the other schools tell you that you must have that vehicle.

Mischief007 said:
wooflepoof said:

That's crap :(. None of the other schools tell you that you must have that vehicle.
this IS Ferrari who, traditionally wouldnt sell you a car if they didnt like you.

Mischief007 said:
wooflepoof said:

how do the others operate?

With BMW you just call the Driver Training and book whichever lesson you qualify for and that's it. I'll be taking Advanced II this summer. Took Advanced I last summer.

Mischief007 said:
YES!!!!!!!!

The Porsche day is $1000 US and I'll plan on taking that after I'm done with the BMW Driver Training.

What Porsche day?

And stupid BMW probably won't be holding classes in the Vancouver area again...

This is all we need. Some rich trouser stain thinking he can "push his car to the limits" because he took a two day driving course. All thats comming out of this is more wrecked Ferrari's.

Well at least said trouser will have a little more knowledge. They go and push heir cars past the limit AYWAYS. now when they crash if they dont die they can feel like faiures.

Damn, evidently I haven't been to Porsche's site much to explore around since the redesign....

I guess you're going to the one taking place in the US?

CanadianLoonie said:
Damn, evidently I haven't been to Porsche's site much to explore around since the redesign....

I guess you're going to the one taking place in the US?

Yep :). Going to finish the BMW training first.