News: Ferrari F70 - The Enzo successor [LaFerrari]

That V12 sounds glorious. And I can't believe both reviewers called the car "friendly" and like a bigger 458 Italia... that's awesome if it's that easy to drive with all that power.

That seems to be the case with all 3 cars. The hybrid systems must help a lot to create highly controlled power output. :)

I think it was only Chris Harris that claimed that, but I could be wrong... and Ferrari later supplied him with an F12 Berlinetta and 3 sets of tires for his review of that car for /Drive. :dunno:

...which is kinda funny because I doubt he's changed his mind about their PR department, even if he really likes the cars.

I think it was only Chris Harris that claimed that, but I could be wrong... and Ferrari later supplied him with an F12 Berlinetta and 3 sets of tires for his review of that car for /Drive. :dunno:

Peter Robinson (Australian writer) was also banned twice from entering the Ferrari factoring and borrowing cars for reviews for something he had written.

...which is kinda funny because I doubt he's changed his mind about their PR department, even if he really likes the cars.

Just guessing but I think owning both a Ferrari 512 TR and a Ferrari FF (and rutinely praising those) gives you a bit of goodwill from Maronello despite previous disagreements. He has also had a Ferrari 599.

He currently? owns a FF, if I am not mistaken.

Peter Robinson (Australian writer) was also banned twice from entering the Ferrari factoring and borrowing cars for reviews for something he had written.

This is where most of my lack of goodwill towards the brand comes from. I genuinely love the cars, I just can't get past the constant stream of doucheness from the head office.
Can't wait to see a head to head with the other two just for the noise.

BmcxGmVIIAADhNZ.jpg:large

No /DRIVE video 'till the end of May...

Last edited:
It could also be all those reports of Ferrari fixing cars for reviews and questions surrounding reviews of Ferraris, that journo's criticising them get banned essentially. Whether it is true or not, it just sticks in the mind.

Excluding all that, it does sound good, that's for sure.

Something that among all automakers, only Ferrari do, obviously. No other carmaker ever tuned it's press cars, absolutely no way. :rolleyes:

Something that among all automakers, only Ferrari do, obviously. No other carmaker ever tuned it's press cars, absolutely no way. :rolleyes:

Seriously, just because Ferrari got caught doesn't mean no one else does it. Everyone does it.

Settle down, no need to roll the eyes, whether others do it is up for debate and in another thread, it has been documented many times as to the extent Ferrari have cars prepared for test and review sessions and even covered in various publications. My comment was more a personal reflection as to why Ferrari haven't gelled with me of late, my comment was not a reflection of the car's capabilities.
LaFerrari could lap every circuit in record time and my opinion won't change. I don't know why it is the case hence my comments that it could be due to the incidents outside of the cars themselves.

Can't wait!

Is it just me or are others more excited by Chris Harris' reviews of cars than Top Gear's reviews.

Absolutely. He does his reviews just right pretty much every time for me, and the cars he chooses to review are usually spot on compared to the stuff I want to see and when I want to see it. Top Gear are usually a little late to the party with their reviews, and I have kinda grown tired of their more "silly" pieces.

Il mio cazzo.

Can't wait!

Is it just me or are others more excited by Chris Harris' reviews of cars than Top Gear's reviews.

Ah, thanks.

I remember he got one but wasn't sure he still got it. :)