News: Ferrari F70 - The Enzo successor [LaFerrari]

I read your post and know exactly what you meant. If Porsche is developing a crazy new engine for their LMP car, which it sounds like they are, then there is no point contacting Audi, since Audi won't know anything about it. I was talking very specifically about the electronic-petrol(diesel) discussion we're having. If there is some implementation problem, I imagine VAG would have the intelligence to ask if Audi had a similar issue, before throwing more truck loads of money at it. But I really don't think the tech is that complicated to begin with, at least not anymore. If Porsche haven't proven themselves exceedingly competent at both road cars and racing cars, then I don't know who has. They're not always the first to introduce new tech, but they often end up doing a better job implementing it.

They will not get any support from Audi if the component isn't a shared one. Porsche and Audi are two entirely seperate companies who just get the funding from VAG. The only time they cooperate is platform sharing in the normal production line (f.e. MQL/B).

Also, regarding the FXX time...someone will get hurt if companies keep that speedwar up.

Also, regarding the FXX time...someone will get hurt if companies keep that speedwar up.

hires_custom-9407414d6e47cacf19d48fe0f70e9c5a14fc8376-s6-c30.jpg

Its a track day car. Ballistically quick for certain, but not that far removed from what Radical and the like are pumping out. No one seems to have gotten too bent out of shape about those.

So you arn't one of those who claim it's a standard LaFerrari? :p

I'm not. However, being that it uses the same chassis, suspension design, and engine as the LaFerrari, I think it's a good indicator of the LaFerrari's performance. The internet seems to think the LaFerrari lags behind the 918 and P1, how they've come to that conclusion is beyond me.

I'm not. However, being that it uses the same chassis, suspension design, and engine as the LaFerrari, I think it's a good indicator of the LaFerrari's performance. The internet seems to think the LaFerrari lags behind the 918 and P1, how they've come to that conclusion is beyond me.

I don't think anyone really know how they stack up. They've all been tested in isolation so far. Means nothing.

I don't think anyone really know how they stack up. They've all been tested in isolation so far. Means nothing.

I agree. I guess everyone is feeling bitter about Ferrari's business and marketing shenanigans and that somehow those shenanigans are an indicator of a shit car or something. I don't know.

The McLaren 12c was quite a bit faster then the Ferrari 458 Italia so there is a basis for some believing one would be faster than the other though not the best one.

I agree. I guess everyone is feeling bitter about Ferrari's business and marketing shenanigans and that somehow those shenanigans are an indicator of a shit car or something. I don't know.

Well, hopefully it won't be difficult for them to make the car itself better than the name of it. ;)

That's the most frustrating thing. Ferrari make BRILLIANT cars, yet they still manage to piss away the good will that should carry with it.

Yeah it's been confirmed, this car is fucking awesome.

Did anyone else think for a second that both reviewers are the same person? :p

Anyway, decent reviews. Can't wait for Chris Harris'! :D

I don't think I've ever heard an engine/exhaust sound so frantic. Car looks astounding. Time for Harris to get to it...and when Top Gear gets the trio together...my god...

(I'm still on the P1 bandwagon. I still can't see a picture of it and look away within 5 minutes.)

F70, P1, 918...all such awesome cars

but still would get a koenigsegg...

F70, P1, 918...all such awesome cars

but still would get a koenigsegg...

That would be an epic comparison:
918, P1, LaFerrari and 1:ONE.

Saw the EVO review and whilst I am sure it is a phenomenal car in all areas I just can't gel with it like I have with the Porsche and the McLaren, doesn't give me the "wallpaper worthy" feeling. I keep watching the reviews of the McLaren and just sit there in awe of the sound and fanfare that is presents.
LaFerrari hasn't quite got me, none of the recent Ferraris have done much for me, may be only the F12.

It could also be all those reports of Ferrari fixing cars for reviews and questions surrounding reviews of Ferraris, that journo's criticising them get banned essentially. Whether it is true or not, it just sticks in the mind.

Excluding all that, it does sound good, that's for sure.

That V12 sounds glorious. And I can't believe both reviewers called the car "friendly" and like a bigger 458 Italia... that's awesome if it's that easy to drive with all that power.

It could also be all those reports of Ferrari fixing cars for reviews and questions surrounding reviews of Ferraris, that journo's criticising them get banned essentially. Whether it is true or not, it just sticks in the mind.

I think it was only Chris Harris that claimed that, but I could be wrong... and Ferrari later supplied him with an F12 Berlinetta and 3 sets of tires for his review of that car for /Drive. :dunno: