Jalopnik: Ferrari P540 Superfast Aperta

For the love of God Ferrari....make a GOOD LOOKING CAR for once. They haven't made anything remotely attractive since the 355/456 era.

I don't understand what all this 355/456 last best looking Ferrari nonsense is. the 355 wasn't that good looking it looked quite a bit like an nsx or mr2 and the 456 was pretty, but pretty plain too(looked like a Peugeot), neither stands out in the least. 328/348 looked awesome tho the 348 was considered crap by Ferrari standards.

If this guy likes the look of his car then that's all that matters. The best part about a one-off is that it's YOURS. You can have it however you like since it doesn't have to be designed to appeal to the masses. Just look at the coach built cars of yore
shooting-brake-aston-martin-lagonda-1.jpg

ferrari-212-1.jpg

plenty flipped a shit when they saw a 4 door Ferrari, despite its sextatiousness

s42.jpg

This is a coachbuilt car owners opinion of you
bentley-finger-car-ad.jpg

oh, and the P4/5 is not really that attractive either, especially considering the car it got its inspiration from

Last edited:
1-off done rite.

Ferrari10.jpg

Actually, that's just as ugly as this new gold one. Whatever it's called. Can't be bothered with it's name.

Last edited:
I don't understand what all this 355/456 last best looking Ferrari nonsense is.

Agreed wooflepoof - it's become a great cliche for the masses.

People always seem to forget the 550, the 575 Marenello, the Challenge Stradale, the Scuderia (and the F430) and now the 458 Italia - which in my opinion look great.

Styling is subjective, so if people think otherwise, then we must agree to disagree at this point.

If this guy likes the look of his car then that's all that matters. The best part about a one-off is that it's YOURS. You can have it however you like since it doesn't have to be designed to appeal to the masses.

QFT.

For the love of God Ferrari....make a GOOD LOOKING CAR for once. They haven't made anything remotely attractive since the 355/456 era.
You're wrong. The new 458 is just beautiful.
This new "thing" however just doesen't look right, I suppose it's good looking in a classic sort of way but otherwise it will make run far away.

Park it on my driveway and put the keys under the doormat.

:p

Big case of the do want!

Except for that color and the black parts, I like it!

though I can't help thinking how hugely better looking the front would be with a classic Ferrari oval shaped grille instead of that stupid bit of newfangled smiley faced tomfoolery... it has other classic Ferrari bits, so why can't they get the grille right?!

I wanted to say that I don't like it, but actually, it's a one-off so hey, it's an awesome x-mas present that none of us will ever see in real life.

I love it, very nice and very different.

Love the back end.
the_golden_ferrari2.jpg

I like it, it looks a lot like the doodles I draw when I am bored :) Just needs a nice metallic red paint to look better.

Blehck, I don't know what to say, it's like as if a diffirent designer designed each portion of the car unknowingly and plonked them on together.

It's like someone took a C3 Vette and a 275GTB and spliced them together. It's both attractive and ugly at the same time (color does it no favor) but it is an improvement over the rather ugly 599. Although that's not really saying much.

People always seem to forget the 550, the 575 Marenello, the Challenge Stradale, the Scuderia (and the F430) and now the 458 Italia - which in my opinion look great.

and the superamerica. everyone always forgets the superamerica

this one looks awesome from the side (in a different color), but i don't like the back. the gill things in the back quarter panel were definitely overkill

That is great looking, especially compared to the 612, 599 and California.

I'm fairly certain that if anyone here was given the opportunity to design their own custom Ferrari that people's opinions would be divided on the styling. It's all about individual taste here.

I hate it. Too much TVR/Vette, not enough Ferrari.

TVR is great. Corvette is great. Ferrari is good too.

Mix the three though, and :puke:

Last edited:
Needs T-tops.

that is all.