• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Ferrari to replace F430 in 2008

matt_shaw

Just another .ca?
This is the most random piece of information I have come across in awhile. I found it while reading through an autoblog.com post on the US banning the F430 because the airbag wasn?t protecting a small number of females and children. Anyway, Ferrari filed a petition with the NHTSA to be granted a waiver to continue selling the F430 in the USA until 2008 when Ferrari will release a newly designed V8 model.

Seems a bit early to me? The 360 started production around '99 and lasted till 2005

well if they cant sell the F430 in the US, they are losing a huge chunk of their sales. they have to redesign earlier to fix the problem. however, i suspect that it will be very similar to the F430 and will be sold a few years before an ACTUAL new v8 model.

screw women and children

W/o america, there probably wouldn't be a ferrari in the first place. We're important enough to have *multiple* cars named after us. This model better be awesome or it might hurt sales even MORE(though not as much as if they couldnt sell F430s in the US).

Ferrari even names their cars after American cities. The latest one is the Superamerica.

I don't think any small women or children drive the F430.

wooflepoof said:
W/o america, there probably wouldn't be a ferrari in the first place. We're important enough to have *multiple* cars named after us. This model better be awesome or it might hurt sales even MORE(though not as much as if they couldnt sell F430s in the US).

don't they have a fixed amount of cars they make? like all supercar manufacturers. like they wouldn't be able to sell them all? especially ferrari

Isn?t Japan the main market for Ferrari? :|

they'll probably just redesign the airbag and put lots of health&safety stickers.

bone said:
wooflepoof said:

don't they have a fixed amount of cars they make? like all supercar manufacturers. like they wouldn't be able to sell them all? especially ferrari

Normally demand exceds supply, so Ferrari will be producing at their production limit or just below, but without the American market that doesnt need to be true.

Re: Ferrari to replace F430 in 2008

matt_shaw said:
the airbag wasn?t protecting a small number of females and children.

Y'whaaa?

If I remember right, the only airbag is the steering wheel mounted one.

So what 9 year old kid is gonna be driving a ?100,000 Ferrari?!

The F430 obviously has a passenger airbag as well! I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have side airbags though. :|

The F430 obviously has a passenger airbag as well! I'm kinda surprised it doesn't have side airbags though.

Maybe they just thought: If you crash in a Ferrari chances are you are going so fast that airbags wouldn't help anyway. Just look at the Zonda, zero airbags (allthough they claim it's the safest supercar around, because of it's increadibly strong chassis, and frame)

Z Draci said:
Ferrari even names their cars after American cities. The latest one is the Superamerica.

and it sucks ass much! :lol:

Yayox said:
Z Draci said:

and it sucks ass much! :lol:
excellent work

is it going to be a completely new model or its just going to be remodeled slightly and the car will still look somewhat like an F430?