Ferrari World Theme Park

klutch

Courteous urinator
Car(s)
Do it for me.
Can't believe noone's picked up on this yet...

ABU DHABI, U.A.E. ? Ferrari has elected not to invest in a new theme park that's planned for the United Arab Emirates but will license its brand to the local development company that is building it.

The Gulf News quoted Ferrari boss Luca di Montezemolo as saying: "Everything is going according to plans and the theme park will have its inauguration in 2008 and it will be completely open in 2009?Ferrari gives the license and that's it. We will not be an investor in the park."

Plans for the world's first theme park built around the Ferrari concept were announced last fall. The park will be built on land near the Al Raha Beach here. It will include a full-size racetrack as well as Ferrari-themed rides, motoring activities and other attractions, including the first Ferrari store in the region, according to Italiaspeed.com.

Abu Dhabi's Mubadala Development Company acquired a 5 percent stake in Ferrari in 2005. Montezemolo was quoted as saying, "There are no plans for Mubadala to increase its equity in Ferrari in the short term at least."

What this means to you: It's a good time in the UAE.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=115336

what a great concept. Dubai is a fast expanding market, such a theme park would be a great investment not only for the region, but also for the rest of the world. I can just see the die-hard Ferrari fans flying in to experience this theme park. Knowing how many million/billionaires there are in the UAE, all the Ferrari's will be gone even before the shop opens.

Ugh, how tacky. Talk about whoring out the brand name.

Like you wouldnt go if you had a chance...imagine a ride being a lap in an FXX!!!!!!!

Yeah but imagine it being a 2/3 size car with a lap bar going at 20 mph, just happening to be in the shape of the FXX.

I can't image them letting you have any kind of proper Ferrari fun without putting your house up as collateral.

With the current state of theme park merch and food - God knows what Ferrari would charge. 50$ T-shirts, Berlinetta burgers and Enzo ice-cream.

Ugh, how tacky. Talk about whoring out the brand name.
They've got a huge store with just Ferrari branded merchandise. Is it really necessary to have pencils/pens with the Ferrari logo on them? Do they let you take the corners of "W" quicker and do they make a great noise when getting sharpened?

Last edited:
yea, they've definetly become sell outs. I shouldn't be out in my ferrari shirt and have someone say "oh thats the one like my friends" which has happened...more than once

They've got a huge store with just Ferrari branded merchandise. Is it really necessary to have pencils/pens with the Ferrari logo on them? Do they let you take the corners of "W" quicker and do they make a great noise when getting sharpened?

Ugh, don't get me started on that store. It's just a place where Ferrari hardcores can pretend they're better than other Ferrari hardcores because they bought more licensed merchandise.