Festival of the Unexceptional 2022

Matt2000

An Unfortunate Discovery
DONOR
Four from the top and two from the third row, UK.
Car(s)
'12 MX-5 PRHT, '02 Freelander, '90 Disco 1 Bobtail
It's a long time since we had a thread with photos from a car show, for us nerds to enjoy. This is a selection I took at the show yesterday, hopefully there's something for everyone here as I know different members will be drawn to particular vehicles. I didn't get to meet Captain 70s, I kept an eye out for him but I'm not sure he was there in the end.

Oh yeah, there were a couple of special guests aside from Mike Brewer

Last edited:
Gosh, this always looks like my kind of event.

As I have a thing for silly little cabrios, the Samba is very much my brand. Also Aerodeck and Giulia are always something to gawk at. ❤️

I'd argue that the CX, DS, Giulia and 900 Turbo are rather exceptional :p

I'd argue that the CX, DS, Giulia and 900 Turbo are rather exceptional :p
They really are, now. Back when they were new they were just new cars. The Giulia is pushing it and maybe the M5 is too but there are always people that just want to show off their fancy cars. Some tool parked a 2021 Maserati somethingorother in the field.

Okay but for real that Tercel... :p

Must have missed you. I missed everybody! I was there in the Volvo 740 (one of about a dozen 700/900s there) which was so unexceptional nobody noticed it.
I'll be honest, I wasn't expecting the Volvo at all for some reason. I stopped and had to check the number plate on a blue Acclaim because I was initially convinced that it was yours, then I spoke to a guy from Glasgow with a 1300 Metro and there was a guy in a Dolomite proudly displaying that he was from Glasgow. I think those threw me off.

Okay but for real that Tercel... :p
Took you long enough. I took that picture just for you. :LOL:

A friend was in attendance with a Reliant Regal.

I ought to take the MK2 Fiesta sometime. 🤔
This one maybe? I don't recall seeing any others.

You really should bring the Fiesta, you might walk away with the concours prize, an Astra won it this year. There was a 1.1 Popular Plus in blue, but your L would beat it for 'unexceptionalness'.

Edit: Your friend or not, I found his YouTube channel.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBE1VGRlDEA