FG Balkan Roadtrip 2018 - Release your inner Slav!

Dr_Grip;n3546674 said:
As stated on the Telegrams, 50% in for me if it'll be possible to avoid tenting.

You SJW snowflake! :p :lol:

Redliner;n3546676 said:
You SJW snowflake! :p :lol:

I think "rich bitch" is more appropriate.

Once it warms up, us local slavs will have a meet up and decide on the trip specifics, at least stop-over locations, so you bitches can start looking for comfy beds. :p

Dr_Grip;n3546685 said:
I think "rich bitch" is more appropriate.

:lol:

Color me interested.

I need to see if the dates will clash with one of my projects at work though. So a "Maybe" currently for me

I have convinced myself that I have enough money, and the vacation days have been officially approved by my boss. So: I'm in, and I'm going to take only two wheels.

Preliminary planning for the pre-stages:
  • Start on Friday, July 27th, after work: Autobahn leg. Destination: Somewhere in the Spessart region, to maximise the distance from the first tank of fuel. (Last time I did that five years ago, I had five litres left (yes, I have a spreadsheet). Need to go a bit further this time, depending on hotel opportunities.)
  • Saturday, July 28th: Going on via Autobahn to Austria, then change to country roads, ending up somewhere in the Steiermark probably.
  • Sunday, July 29th: Continuing to 47's place, possibly via nicjasno's.

Last edited:
I got my leave approved, so I'm officialy in if you guys like it or not :p :D

Well, the email has been sent to my personal travel agent, so it seems like I may be joining the festivities after all!

It looks like I'd be arriving Zagreb airport at 2pm-ish on July 29th. Anyone passing by around then have room for me?

Last edited:
Misrabelle;n3548354 said:
Well, the email has been sent to my personal travel agent, so it seems like I may be joining the festivities after all!

It looks like I'd be arriving Zagreb airport at 2pm-ish on July 29th. Anyone passing by around then have room for me?

Ice is the closest, maybe you can stay at his place til sunday...:mrgreen:

Or we can possibly arrange some sort of transport for you to get to my place, it's 80km away, and maybe somebody else shows up on Saturday, too, which wouldn't be a problem.

IceBone;n3548415 said:
Here's is the initial itinerary. If anyone has any suggestions or comments, please leave them in the sheet: https://goo.gl/aWGcbU

If someone hasn't noticed, we ditch Macedonia in favour of shorter driving days and more roads and activities. The previous route had two days of driving just to get to and from FYROM, which wouldn't be all that fun, as we'd be on a schedule to get where we're going.

Last edited:
47;n3548426 said:
Ice is the closest, maybe you can stay at his place til sunday...:mrgreen:

Or we can possibly arrange some sort of transport for you to get to my place, it's 80km away, and maybe somebody else shows up on Saturday, too, which wouldn't be a problem.

July 29 is the Sunday...which is why I thought others may be passing by. I'm sure we can sort something out.

Passing right next to the airport on the way to Ivan's, but I'm already in talks with DaHitch to meet up with him on the 28th on the Italian border and do some pre-trip driving. I don't know when our plan to be in the area is.

We haven't included this road on the way up (although we fucking should), so we're thinking about visiting on the 28th:

IceBone;n3548431 said:
We haven't included this road on the way up (although we fucking should)
Indeed we should. This looks like a stunningly beautiful place to fall to your death. :D (Seriously, we should include that.)

I'm a bit torn about not going to Makedonia. But I guess this will be enough of an adventure even without it.

Also, the rest day is perfectly timed, or rather at the perfect location, for me to visit my cousin and his family, who will be on vacation in Zadar at the time. :)

Last edited:
We have a 95% finalized plan!

https://goo.gl/aWGcbU There are 2 sheets.

The first one has a loop in Albania that I suggest we avoid as there is 100km of wheel breaking roads.

The second sheet changes days 4 and 5 to just have a short loop into Albania on the main roads, then back into Montenegro for some mountain climbing (close to 2000m).

Put me in as confirmed as I stated in post #4. ;)

I see you guys are passing pretty close to my ancestral village of Sveti Rok. Say hi for me.

Sweaty Rock?

Anyway, I'm in. I'll have a look at the available accomodation; depending on prices I might prefer a proper bed for at least a few nights and not go camping all the time.