FG Fitness Challenge

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
10 crunches will do absolutely nothing for your abs, definition comes from low Body Fat %. If you want a strong core, that's a different story entirely. I should say that 10 crunches is like doing 1 push up, pretty useless. Move that up to 150 and you will start seeing dramatic improvements in core strength. Otherwise you could do a three tiered set like I do, with crunches, oblique crunches and leg lifts which target lower abdominals. 3 sets of each exercise with 20 reps per set will be plenty for a beginner. I do 3 sets of 50 each morning.

AutoAero

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
Freakin' running blows. I keep not doing it enough. You know what I really want to be able to do? Hand stands. Any advice?

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
10 crunches will do absolutely nothing for your abs, definition comes from low Body Fat %. If you want a strong core, that's a different story entirely. I should say that 10 crunches is like doing 1 push up, pretty useless. Move that up to 150 and you will start seeing dramatic improvements in core strength. Otherwise you could do a three tiered set like I do, with crunches, oblique crunches and leg lifts which target lower abdominals. 3 sets of each exercise with 20 reps per set will be plenty for a beginner. I do 3 sets of 50 each morning.
This. Dude I'm always doing 100-150 crunches after workout. I used to only do 50 but I can do that now while sleeping, I don't feel a burn.

150... Feels good man.

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
This. Dude I'm always doing 100-150 crunches after workout. I used to only do 50 but I can do that now while sleeping, I don't feel a burn.

150... Feels good man.
Add in the other exercises, leg lifts and oblique crunches. After 450 reps, you are well cored up in the morning. I try to do it morning and night. Gotta keep the cut son.

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
We all know the pros of spin class: girls, women, females, and good cardio. Today I realized there was a con.

Because it's majority girls and the teacher is a girl........ we had to spin......... to Britney Spears's Toxic.

Shoot me.

Werner

Car(s)
'11 Toyota Aygo; '07 Honda CB600F Hornet
I am also trying to get somewhat fitter, running isn't a problem (i do about 15-20KM a week) but i am trying to increase my upper body/arms strength by performing push-ups. I currently don't get past 10 pushups in a row and i recently found: http://hundredpushups.com/. Anyone here did the same program?

Last edited:

AutoAero

Car(s)
2001 Audi S4
I enjoy that too, but not so much on stationary bike. My issue seems to be that when I do have the time and energy to exercise I use it to lift instead of run/cycle.

SpitfireMK461

Car(s)
2013 Mini Cooper S
Had a great work out today. This was an away game as well as a holiday weekend, so many of the students on campus were gone, and combined with being Sunday, the gym was practically empty.

nsx_23

Forum Addict
I enjoy that too, but not so much on stationary bike. My issue seems to be that when I do have the time and energy to exercise I use it to lift instead of run/cycle.
In general I find carried at a gym to be a chore so I cycle, walk and run outside instead.

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
A minute rest between sets means I can log onto FG and post on th....... Times up. Back to lifting.

Edit: Things worked out today: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, abs, brain, patience.

Last edited:

the Interceptor

I LUV MY PRIUS!!!
Car(s)
VW Diesel of Death
So I need an idea for a replacement of a beverage I've been drinking for some time now. I do like it, it's Volvic Fruit, which basically is Volvic water with a tad of a fruity taste. That's all fine, but the thing is that it contains sugar. Doesn't sound like a lot with 2.8g in 100ml at first, until you realize that that is almost three sugar cubes on a 0.3l glass. Drink one bottle of that over a day, and you get 42% of your recommended carbohydrate input covered with that alone. So what I'm looking for is something with a similar taste, but either without sugar, with much less or with an artificial sweetener. Any hints?

NoNeedForAChestWig

Monday, trunk: normal workout plus the new extended carido session recommended by my trainer. After the cardio go back and do another round of sets, just for fun, because I can.

Tuesday, arms+legs: unable to even reach my normal number of reps with my normal weight on any of my legs exercises.

Result: :mad:

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
Why my trainer rocks:

I haven't been with her for a month, partly because of cost and partly because I want to do this on my own.

She was training someone, saw me and mouthed out "I want to talk to you". I was scared, I thought some bad news on her end because her husband was found to possibly have cancer. Then I thought... wait she would not be here if that was the case... so it must have something to do with me. I was like wtf did I do wrong.

I continued my running (I missed my spin class by 5 minutes and they ran out of passes so I decided to run on the tread for 60 mins).

Afterwards I go over to see her and she's like "So... what's up?" with a serious tone and face. I was like "Nothin, everything's good". "Oh?" "Because everytime I see you you're running and I never see you lifting".

I was like

"Or am I wrong".

"I'm like dude, ALL I do is lift". And then I explained how I do the circuits and how I planned out my calendar for lifts etc etc.

She's like "okay, I'm just making sure" etc. I then asked if she got my message about crunches (I texted her yesterday saying how I'm doing 200 crunches at the end of each session instead of the 50 I used to do).

She's like "Yeaaaa that's awesome.... but now you've graduated, so we need to get you something else". She then takes me onto the floor and shows me a hell of a better crunch exercise.

"Just because we're not training together anymore doesn't mean I can't keep track and show you new things".

I'm like "that's why you're awesome."

RaptorJesus

Resident Callboy
Why my trainer rocks:

I haven't been with her for a month, partly because of cost and partly because I want to do this on my own.

She was training someone, saw me and mouthed out "I want to talk to you". I was scared, I thought some bad news on her end because her husband was found to possibly have cancer. Then I thought... wait she would not be here if that was the case... so it must have something to do with me. I was like wtf did I do wrong.

I continued my running (I missed my spin class by 5 minutes and they ran out of passes so I decided to run on the tread for 60 mins).

Afterwards I go over to see her and she's like "So... what's up?" with a serious tone and face. I was like "Nothin, everything's good". "Oh?" "Because everytime I see you you're running and I never see you lifting".

I was like

"Or am I wrong".

"I'm like dude, ALL I do is lift". And then I explained how I do the circuits and how I planned out my calendar for lifts etc etc.

She's like "okay, I'm just making sure" etc. I then asked if she got my message about crunches (I texted her yesterday saying how I'm doing 200 crunches at the end of each session instead of the 50 I used to do).

She's like "Yeaaaa that's awesome.... but now you've graduated, so we need to get you something else". She then takes me onto the floor and shows me a hell of a better crunch exercise.

"Just because we're not training together anymore doesn't mean I can't keep track and show you new things".

I'm like "that's why you're awesome."

Try a press sit up on a decline bench. Basically take a barbell, lie backwards down a decline bench, then do a sit up and extend your arms at the same time. If you can do 20 of those, you will be blasted.

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
Very nice LP!

Added in a new curl exercise today... Zottman curls. They are awesome and work up a nice pump and burn really quickly.
That sounds like an epic forearm exercise.

Try a press sit up on a decline bench. Basically take a barbell, lie backwards down a decline bench, then do a sit up and extend your arms at the same time. If you can do 20 of those, you will be blasted.
What's the starting position for the barbell.

LP

Constipated Gangbanger
DONOR
Car(s)
Ah I see I was visualizing it wrong. Yeah that looks hard lol.