FG Fitness Challenge

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Some of my fellow Analgearians have, quite rightly, been on at me to quit smoking for some time now. I went to bed on the night of my birthday (yeah, thanks for the good wishes, you fuckers!) and haven't smoked since. Eleven days and counting.....

I'm also limiting myself to no more than three beers of an evening, no wine or spirits, and today started a nightly regimen of squats, sit-ups and press-ups. Only 10 reps of each to start but ramping up by 5 a week from there.

I've managed to avoid any murder or road rage so far and next time any of you see me I may be a vastly different man. Less vast hopefully.

Don't worry, I'll still be a c**t! ;)

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Some of my fellow Analgearians have, quite rightly, been on at me to quit smoking for some time now. I went to bed on the night of my birthday (yeah, thanks for the good wishes, you fuckers!) and haven't smoked since. Eleven days and counting.....

I'm also limiting myself to no more than three beers of an evening, no wine or spirits, and today started a nightly regimen of squats, sit-ups and press-ups. Only 10 reps of each to start but ramping up by 5 a week from there.

I've managed to avoid any murder or road rage so far and next time any of you see me I may be a vastly different man. Less vast hopefully.

Don't worry, I'll still be a c**t! ;)
Yeah but you?ll now hopefully be one that stays around to irritate us a bit longer! :) Good for you! :)

Reactions: MWF

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Let's recap last year for me...

I did maintain a jog of 4-5 km once, sometimes twice a week, and since I bought my new bike in late March I cycled about 1800 km. I'm keen on keeping that up so today I jogged a slightly longer route of 5.5 km. :)

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
I've gone to the gym pretty regularly since a week ago. However, last session was rough. Didn't get to complete what I wanted due to feeling really tight - i realize i'll need to stretch more.

I didn't go yesterday because I wanted to check out these apartments but will probably go today. I'll attempt to incorporate some of the stuff i learned in the getting started session I had with the lead trainer. Hopefully I remember some.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
"Regularly since a week ago" is good, but "regularly for a year" (or longer, and by regularly I don't mean once a month :p) is better. ;)

I just found out how long a coin cell (CR2032) lasts in my trip computer: it's just shy of 2000 km or about 107 hours of cycling... :D I have just 42 km left to the 2000 km mark. Let's see - 1000 km on August 28th, 1500 km on November 5th, 2000 km should come up sometime next week which means I'm currently cycling about 240 km per month... :)

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
I managed to lose around 15 pounds in 2017, would have been 5 more if not for the trend reversal at the end of the year due to a work trip.

Body fat percentage :

Let's try doing the same in 2018 :)

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Eye-Q;n3543380 said:
I did maintain a jog of 4-5 km once, sometimes twice a week, and since I bought my new bike in late March I cycled about 1800 km. I'm keen on keeping that up so today I jogged a slightly longer route of 5.5 km. :)
Since I jog with some colleagues from work and that route is 6 km I figured that I can do that kind of length on my Sunday jogs as well so today I did 6.3 km. :)

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Eye-Q;n3546622 said:
Really? It had to begin to snow last night after two weeks of dry weather? :? I'm usually jogging every Sunday, but with a layer of snow everywhere I can't see the patches of ice in the forest I encountered the last time which still aren't melted since it was constantly below 0°C. I think I'll have to take an alternative route on sidewalks, fortunately the car traffic is rather low on sundays...
It turns out snow on ice atually has more grip than sheer ice so when it stopped snowing I went out and jogged 6.5 km today...

93Flareside

Döner Kebab enthusiast
DONOR
Car(s)
‘18 VW Golf GTI, '87 Mercury Colony Park
Rode my bike around my block which is probably half a mile. That made me sad. I hadn’t realized how out of shape I’ve gotten. :(

I hope to change that.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
93Flareside;n3547157 said:
Rode my bike around my block which is probably half a mile. That made me sad. I hadn’t realized how out of shape I’ve gotten. :(

I hope to change that.
So, did you change that already? ;)

I just jogged my usual Sunday 7 km, but since a colleague of mine lent me his gear for monitoring my heart rate I slowed down considerably since apparently that's more effective. Before that I jogged almost as quickly as possible (about 6:30min per km), but now I try to keep my heart rate below 140 bpm so I slowed down to something between 8:00min and 8:30min, depending on the terrain.

WDWBen

Subaru Killer
Car(s)
2012 MX-5 PRHT
Started doing body-weight workouts and cardio. Looking to trim down and tone, but not really build a ton of large muscles.

Yesterday was day one - 3 reps of 6 proper pushups, one rep of 8. Two pull-ups with our new pull-up bar.
Today will be a 20-minute jog/walk, swapping every 2 minutes.

I'll be doing body weight stuff 2-3 times a week, and cardio at least 3 times a week. Thursday I plan on adding sit-ups to my regimen.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
None anymore...
Current readout of the bike computer: 4660 km since April 2017. On August 19th the Cyclassics route went practically through my front yard (the nearest corner was 200m away) so I got out of bed very early (7am) to enjoy absolutely car-free roads. On that Sunday I cycled 45 km, this Sunday I cycled around 80 km on this route: