FG Fitness Challenge

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
Speaking of running, genuine question, what's the limiting factor when you are talking about extending the running distance?

For me at least, at some point the muscles in my legs start to tighten up and at some point hurt, specifically my thighs. That may be due to my running in barefoot shoes on the balls of my feet (try running on tiptoe to get the idea). Depending on pace this gets really noticeable after 15-20 km.
At some point it feels like my legs are really only running on muscle memory from the 90 or so minutes before. If I really stretch my run out I start to struggle with running tight corners and coming to a stop - honestly at some point I feel I’m going to topple over into a bush and giggle myself silly 🤣

Redliner

Y'all got any lamps?
Car(s)
I don't drive, I fly.
My knees and legs in general.
At some point they just...quit.

DaBoom

Worlds fastest Amish
Car(s)
Various BMWs, a Swift cabrio, Benelli TreK
Right, ok.

I run in barefoot shoes as well, my knees can't take more than 15-20min of heeled shoes. Also the reason I prefer running on forest routes/ paths. I'll wear myself out faster, with less stress on joints.

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
I don't do running. But I was thinking maybe I could start with a light jog. I used to do it, but my knees weren't a fan so I stopped.

Adunaphel

Angrily shouting at Klauwds
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
Two-wheeled nerdpowered lycrawarrior
Strava-5k.png

Not a bad improvement in two weeks, if I say so myself... I'm especially happy with how constant I managed to be.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Tesla Model 3
good stuff!

i'll have to reduce my running a bit for the next weeks... already the past week i've quite drastically reduced the distance i go, but that doesn't seem to help.
I've developed a rather weird strain on my right achilles tendon. the connection at the heel seems to be irritated, possibly a little inflamed. weird situation about this: as long as i actually strain the tendon (i.e. running, walking, biking) this doesn't hurt. but any extended period of rest means the whole situation will go slightly inflexible and hurt like crazy if i do end up moving it. getting out of bed in the morning is a b***** because of this and it just gradually gets better over the day.
this seems to be a fairly common runners thing, sometimes goes chronic (no bueno). i've already had 4 pages of tips and exercises sent over by a friend from the "runners bible" (it says to keep doing those for at least 12 weeks) and will be trying those to see if it goes away with the combination of maybe not running for a few weeks.

RdKetchup

Snow Mexican Surender Monkey
DONOR
Car(s)
FoRS, Japanese touring triple
Strava-5k.png

Not a bad improvement in two weeks, if I say so myself... I'm especially happy with how constant I managed to be.

I just came back from my longest non-stop run, 6km, and I was surprised how constant (constantly slow :) ) I was.

I was even more surprises that I managed to beat my previous 5k record.

Screenshot_20210928-125728.jpg