FG Fitness Challenge

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Yeah, I thought I shouldn't overpace myself and average a heartrate of not more than 140 bpm, but today was a good day and I achieved that while averaging almost 28 kph. I'm quite surprised myself as I thought I'd average about 25 with that heartrate goal. I rode with the same guy I rode my former longest ride at 190 km. That said, Schleswig-Holstein is very flat so there weren't a lot of hills to hold us back and when you ride in the countryside there aren't many traffic lights as well. :)

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
That last bit is someone I should spend more effort on trying to find… the lights on my last ride really annoyed me. Also people ignoring me ringing my bell like a maniac or, walking two abreast, just both changing sides???? Wtf…
Anyway: fewer lights please! I’ll try and head out to terra nova* again this coming week. That ain’t very long and I’ll have to look at the bloody lignite plants, but at least it’s smooth and clear and has no lights or cars or any other such annoyances.
* what a ridiculous name for the „renatured“ (sic) place ruined by one of the biggest man made holes in the ground…

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Yeah, I imagine in such a relatively built up area around Cologne there aren't that many small villages without traffic lights. On our route we sometimes had 20-40 km stretches without a single traffic light since it's so rural.

Eye-Q

Forum Addict
Car(s)
None anymore...
Oh, errm, did I mention with that ride I broke 5k km cycling for this year? Considering the first half of the year isn't even finished and I'm planning to cycle around 1000 km in two weeks in August my goal of 10k km is not just in sight, I might just as well adjust my goal to 12k... :mrgreen:

1655143645586.png

eizbaer

Forum Addict
DONOR
Car(s)
Model 3, Cargobike
Insanity!

* what a ridiculous name for the „renatured“ (sic) place ruined by one of the biggest man made holes in the ground…
Would you just look at that view being completely and utterly ruined… by those windmills all the way at the back there! Not by that massive hole in the ground, no, no.
8052E253-6CA6-4663-90A4-BFC94A700DB0.jpeg

Last edited: