FG Fitness Challenge

Bleugh, this hasn't been a good week. Felt really blue - having a cold on top of my chronic illness hasn't helped, plus it's the first time I've felt actively lonely since Mr he-he moved out. Yeah, I know this is more suited to the NSFPE thread, but bear with me :p

Being ill I haven't felt like exercising but I just had to do something today or I'd've murdered one of my cats out of boredom! So I went for a jog round my 1.6mile circuit rather than the 2.5 mile one. Felt absolutely fine at the end of it, so went round it again. And again. So that's nearly 5 miles; took me 50 minutes, which is both the furthest and the longest I have run for since I was in secondary school. And, according to the wii, I've both lost weight and my BMI has reduced - and as I pig myself silly when I'm ill it's unlikely to be due to my cold.

So I now feel like I can conquer the world - which, if I'm honest, is my normal state of mind. Welcome back he-he - I've missed you :D

Right - off to pig out on a bumper bag of maltesers now. Well, they are only 11 calories each :p

Well done you! Wish me luck everyone. My quit date is Tuesday. I promise to do my best to avoid post rage!

Well done you! Wish me luck everyone. My quit date is Tuesday. I promise to do my best to avoid post rage!

Good luck! Not to you, but to any random n00b that crosses your path after Tuesday :p

:lol: Might be an idea to request a Quiky Sticky warning new members to be on their best behaviour.

Smokeless Day 1: My electronic cigarette died on me this morning so I will have to send the vendors an e-mail and not care if they don't read it. Meanwhile on only my fourth Nicaid lozenge of the day and so far haven't wanted to kill anyone even slightly. The real test comes in about 45 minutes after dinner and a glass of wine. If I can stay strong after that I reckon I'll do it this time. My two recent long-haul flights were good practise. I've been a chain-smoking alcoholic tosspot for far too long. I want to be an alcoholic tosspot who smells fresh and can run to the pub for last orders when required. :D

Does anyone else do pretty much the same workout each time, and some days you feel great after it, and other days you wonder why you bothered?

Yes, in that I cycle to work and some days it kills me, and other days I feel I could still run a marathon afterwards. Doesn't seem to matter what the weather's doing, how much I've drunk the night before, how tired I am in general etc; it's just random.

Just did my circuit.

My arms hurt, my back hurts, my chesticles hurt, and my shoulders (which are somehow not part of my arm apparently) hurt.

Ow.

Smokeless day 2 passed without incident in spite of severe provocation from clients (mainly the ones who I had scheduled meetings with who were then unavailable at the appointed time) and nitwits on the road who turn into even bigger morons the moment they have to use their wipers. Nobody has even been lightly killed yet. Beginning to believe that this time I will finally kick the habit for good.

Nitwits? Nitwits?!? :roflmao: Things must be bad if you're resorting to that sort of language! Sorry - seriously, though, good work :D

You can tell I visited my mum can't you. Had to rein in the Tourette's for a while and is hasn't fully re-engaged.

Anyway, fuck off! :p

Keep it up, Matt!!! Once you begin to feel how much burden it put on your body, you will start to take a long travel uphill in terms of physical condition. You will start so smell so many things again, you will have more breath, you will cough much less and generally feel better.

Keep it up, Matt!!! Once you begin to feel how much burden it put on your body, you will start to take a long travel uphill in terms of physical condition. You will start so smell so many things again, you will have more breath, you will cough much less and generally feel better.

Originally posted by Bill Hicks
Stop smoking! You get your sense of smell back. I live in New York. Why do I want it back? Is that urine? I think I smell a dead fella........

Smelling means smelling everything. Still, you will be surprised about the amount of smells you missed before.

Oddly enough last time I quit (lasted 5 months) I didn't notice much change in taste or smell.

That's weird ...

I thought so too but I've always had a really good sense of smell/taste anyway. :dunno:

Beginning to believe that this time I will finally kick the habit for good.
How's it going?

Just a short run tonight, but 2 miles in 15 mins isn't half bad! Although it would be nice if I could breathe!

Note to self: Friday at 5 = cutest chicks at the gym