FG Fitness Challenge

10 crunches will do absolutely nothing for your abs, definition comes from low Body Fat %. If you want a strong core, that's a different story entirely. I should say that 10 crunches is like doing 1 push up, pretty useless. Move that up to 150 and you will start seeing dramatic improvements in core strength. Otherwise you could do a three tiered set like I do, with crunches, oblique crunches and leg lifts which target lower abdominals. 3 sets of each exercise with 20 reps per set will be plenty for a beginner. I do 3 sets of 50 each morning.

Freakin' running blows. I keep not doing it enough. You know what I really want to be able to do? Hand stands. Any advice?

10 crunches will do absolutely nothing for your abs, definition comes from low Body Fat %. If you want a strong core, that's a different story entirely. I should say that 10 crunches is like doing 1 push up, pretty useless. Move that up to 150 and you will start seeing dramatic improvements in core strength. Otherwise you could do a three tiered set like I do, with crunches, oblique crunches and leg lifts which target lower abdominals. 3 sets of each exercise with 20 reps per set will be plenty for a beginner. I do 3 sets of 50 each morning.

This. Dude I'm always doing 100-150 crunches after workout. I used to only do 50 but I can do that now while sleeping, I don't feel a burn.

150... Feels good man.

This. Dude I'm always doing 100-150 crunches after workout. I used to only do 50 but I can do that now while sleeping, I don't feel a burn.

150... Feels good man.
Add in the other exercises, leg lifts and oblique crunches. After 450 reps, you are well cored up in the morning. I try to do it morning and night. Gotta keep the cut son.

We all know the pros of spin class: girls, women, females, and good cardio. Today I realized there was a con.

Because it's majority girls and the teacher is a girl........ we had to spin......... to Britney Spears's Toxic.

Shoot me.

I am also trying to get somewhat fitter, running isn't a problem (i do about 15-20KM a week) but i am trying to increase my upper body/arms strength by performing push-ups. I currently don't get past 10 pushups in a row and i recently found: http://hundredpushups.com/. Anyone here did the same program?

Last edited:
I enjoy that too, but not so much on stationary bike. My issue seems to be that when I do have the time and energy to exercise I use it to lift instead of run/cycle.

Had a great work out today. This was an away game as well as a holiday weekend, so many of the students on campus were gone, and combined with being Sunday, the gym was practically empty.

I enjoy that too, but not so much on stationary bike. My issue seems to be that when I do have the time and energy to exercise I use it to lift instead of run/cycle.

In general I find carried at a gym to be a chore so I cycle, walk and run outside instead.

A minute rest between sets means I can log onto FG and post on th....... Times up. Back to lifting.

Edit: Things worked out today: Chest, Back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, abs, brain, patience.

Last edited:
So I need an idea for a replacement of a beverage I've been drinking for some time now. I do like it, it's Volvic Fruit, which basically is Volvic water with a tad of a fruity taste. That's all fine, but the thing is that it contains sugar. Doesn't sound like a lot with 2.8g in 100ml at first, until you realize that that is almost three sugar cubes on a 0.3l glass. Drink one bottle of that over a day, and you get 42% of your recommended carbohydrate input covered with that alone. So what I'm looking for is something with a similar taste, but either without sugar, with much less or with an artificial sweetener. Any hints?

Monday, trunk: normal workout plus the new extended carido session recommended by my trainer. After the cardio go back and do another round of sets, just for fun, because I can.

Tuesday, arms+legs: unable to even reach my normal number of reps with my normal weight on any of my legs exercises.

Result: :mad:

Why my trainer rocks:

I haven't been with her for a month, partly because of cost and partly because I want to do this on my own.

She was training someone, saw me and mouthed out "I want to talk to you". I was scared, I thought some bad news on her end because her husband was found to possibly have cancer. Then I thought... wait she would not be here if that was the case... so it must have something to do with me. I was like wtf did I do wrong.

I continued my running (I missed my spin class by 5 minutes and they ran out of passes so I decided to run on the tread for 60 mins).

Afterwards I go over to see her and she's like "So... what's up?" with a serious tone and face. I was like "Nothin, everything's good". "Oh?" "Because everytime I see you you're running and I never see you lifting".

I was like

44.png

"Or am I wrong".

"I'm like dude, ALL I do is lift". And then I explained how I do the circuits and how I planned out my calendar for lifts etc etc.

She's like "okay, I'm just making sure" etc. I then asked if she got my message about crunches (I texted her yesterday saying how I'm doing 200 crunches at the end of each session instead of the 50 I used to do).

She's like "Yeaaaa that's awesome.... but now you've graduated, so we need to get you something else". She then takes me onto the floor and shows me a hell of a better crunch exercise.

"Just because we're not training together anymore doesn't mean I can't keep track and show you new things".

I'm like "that's why you're awesome."

09.png

Very nice LP!

Added in a new curl exercise today... Zottman curls. They are awesome and work up a nice pump and burn really quickly.

Why my trainer rocks:

I haven't been with her for a month, partly because of cost and partly because I want to do this on my own.

She was training someone, saw me and mouthed out "I want to talk to you". I was scared, I thought some bad news on her end because her husband was found to possibly have cancer. Then I thought... wait she would not be here if that was the case... so it must have something to do with me. I was like wtf did I do wrong.

I continued my running (I missed my spin class by 5 minutes and they ran out of passes so I decided to run on the tread for 60 mins).

Afterwards I go over to see her and she's like "So... what's up?" with a serious tone and face. I was like "Nothin, everything's good". "Oh?" "Because everytime I see you you're running and I never see you lifting".

I was like

44.png

"Or am I wrong".

"I'm like dude, ALL I do is lift". And then I explained how I do the circuits and how I planned out my calendar for lifts etc etc.

She's like "okay, I'm just making sure" etc. I then asked if she got my message about crunches (I texted her yesterday saying how I'm doing 200 crunches at the end of each session instead of the 50 I used to do).

She's like "Yeaaaa that's awesome.... but now you've graduated, so we need to get you something else". She then takes me onto the floor and shows me a hell of a better crunch exercise.

"Just because we're not training together anymore doesn't mean I can't keep track and show you new things".

I'm like "that's why you're awesome."

09.png
Try a press sit up on a decline bench. Basically take a barbell, lie backwards down a decline bench, then do a sit up and extend your arms at the same time. If you can do 20 of those, you will be blasted.

Very nice LP!

Added in a new curl exercise today... Zottman curls. They are awesome and work up a nice pump and burn really quickly.

That sounds like an epic forearm exercise.

Try a press sit up on a decline bench. Basically take a barbell, lie backwards down a decline bench, then do a sit up and extend your arms at the same time. If you can do 20 of those, you will be blasted.

What's the starting position for the barbell.

Ah I see I was visualizing it wrong. Yeah that looks hard lol.