FG Fitness Challenge

:lol:

I wish.

She's purdy.

That was the teacher for a class. I'm cool with her actually. Spoke to her a couple weeks back and attended her class last week.

This is my trainer. She's married and has child but boy oh BOY does she love to flirt. And she has used things like "God I will fuck you if you give me one more lift Harish". All the motivation a man like me needs :lmao:

Aside from all this: I think I got my metabolism back again. It was slow before and now I feel hungrier and hungrier and hungrier as the day goes on.

Last edited:
And she has used things like "God I will fuck you if you give me one more lift Harish". All the motivation a man like me needs :lmao:
I'm glad my trainer doesn't say things like that :blink: I'm not going to post a photo, but imagine the offspring of a one night stand between The Incredible Hulk and his uglier twin sister. He's not pretty. Probably in his 50s and I reckon he could kick the shit out of all of us. At the same time.

Aside from all this: I think I got my metabolism back again. It was slow before and now I feel hungrier and hungrier and hungrier as the day goes on.
Watch that. That gets me, too, and it has consequences *looks down at love handles* It's difficult to balance the calories you use and the calories you eat, your body always seems to demand moaaaar!

I've just run 5.8 miles in an hour!!! :banana:

There are soooooooooooooooo many replies to that comment, but this is SFW, so I'll behave.

I just bought this:

image_24157_450_white.jpg

And this:

blender-bottle.jpg

yesterday.

The gold standard whey was supposed to be $87.99. They dropped the price to $38.99.
fuck%20yeah%20words.png

So I just made my first shake. Milk, 1 teaspoon sugar, some coffee, and 1 scoop of the powder. Had that in the morning. Few things I have to mention

1. IT'S FUCKING DELICIOUS!

Seriously. I had the dark choco of Muscle milk and it tasted like shit. Dark chocolate is not meant to taste like that. Fuck. This gold standard whey is double rich chocolate and even my dad, when we opened the lid, said "Wow that smells really good".

2. It's SMOOTH.

The muscle milk is too coarse and so even in a blender (actual blender) under tornado/hurricane cat 5 conditions, it still remains coarse and pulpy. With this, I shook it up in the blender bottle and it mixed really well. There were still some granules and stuff on top but it wasn't like I was drinking pulp. I could tell from looking at the powder that it was super fine.

3. No chalky aftertaste

With the MM I had this extremely bad aftertaste like I'd eaten a professor's decade's worth of chalk. With this I only get a little bit of an aftertaste and that's mostly due to the milk that I added.

4. No funky shit

Checked with my dad (PhD in biochem) to verify that it didn't have anything funkalicious added to it and he verified that it was just whey protein. Nothing else.

I love this shit already and I'm going to have another batch right before workout today. If you guys are looking into protein powders, this is the way to go. So thanks to RaptorJesus and others who suggested this originally, I'm glad you guys did.

PS. Where the hell do you find the expiration date on it? I've been having a hard time finding it.

PS. Where the hell do you find the expiration date on it? I've been having a hard time finding it.
There is a bit of dark yellow printing on the area above the flavor. Expiration for this product is typically ~18months.

There is a bit of dark yellow printing on the area above the flavor. Expiration for this product is typically ~18months.

You rock my boat, I will check that out when I get home. Thanks dude!

Ran 9 miles today. OK, so it was in two separate 4.5m runs with 7 hours in between them, but those 7 hours were spent at work, mostly on my feet, and they were all fairly fraught. So I was expecting the run home to be a lot tougher, but it wasn't. I even managed to shave a couple of minutes off the time. AHR, RHR and HRR have all improved and I've definitely toned up since I started running 6 weeks ago. :D

Only kinda related to finess, but I noticed that since I've started to eat a lot of fresh fruit every day and spend a lot of time outside on a bike, I haven't caught a cold. Everyone around me is sick, but I managed to get away so far. I ususally caught a cold around this time of the year. I'd be surprised if there ain't a connection between those things.

Only kinda related to finess, but I noticed that since I've started to eat a lot of fresh fruit every day and spend a lot of time outside on a bike, I haven't caught a cold. Everyone around me is sick, but I managed to get away so far. I ususally caught a cold around this time of the year. I'd be surprised if there ain't a connection between those things.

Being fitter should help boost your immune system, not sure why but I'm sure somebody can explain it. Just rode 48km into the foot of the mountains. Here is the interactive map of the trip, the big climb at half way climbs 150m in 2km, the steepest incline being ~30%.

Good workout today, although I did make a couple concessions.

I hate the dumbbell chest press, I feel like I'm using 98% arms. I just don't feel it in the chest. So I used the machine instead, and somehow even with the same weights (plates) on either one, I feel it more in the chest than with dumbbells. I must be doing something wrong.

The other concession is that in between exercises I have do 1 minute on and 1 minute off treadmill runs, repeating 5 times, and 3 sets of that spread over the course of the workout. At the 3rd set about 6 mins in, my HR was 205, I was feeling pain and having been sick on Wed and Thurs I'm sure there may have been some small side effects. So I said fuck that shit and stopped the cardio, even though I had about 4 more minutes to go.

Fucking hate that cardio exercise.

I hate the dumbbell chest press, I feel like I'm using 98% arms. I just don't feel it in the chest. So I used the machine instead, and somehow even with the same weights (plates) on either one, I feel it more in the chest than with dumbbells. I must be doing something wrong.

I had the reverse problem, with my biceps and triceps, so my trainer switched me from machines to free weights, and it's worked wonders. I now look forward to those exercies instead of dreading them. Just go with what works for you.

Well

Not put on much weight since I replied to this thread. Still trying, but been incredibly busy in the past few months playing with diesel engines. Still hovering around 75-76kg. Never got on to rock climbing either, the club here seems organise occasional trips out to climb rather than there being a weekly or bi weekly go on a climbing wall (which is what I was after). But swimming is going well I think.... backstroke is getting much better after me and a friend worked on it for a while. Freestyle sprinting is good too, regularly clocking 25's for 50m sprints in training now so 24's in competition looking more likely.

When I can get to the gym, its still bloody packed! but I can get round enough machines to call it a half decent session. Need to step it up more like but it might have to wait till nearer christmas as theres a couple of competitions coming up and having sore muscles doesn't do you any favours in a sprint!

Started doing swimming mixed with resistance exercises... do a swim, get out do some squats, press ups or dips, straight back into a swim, out again ... rinse repeat. Awful set I did once involves doing a pull out, which is basically like you are pulling yourself up over a wall. First parts ok because you're in the water, but at the transition to pushing yourself out the water, its nearly all body weight. Anyway if you wanna try it you really need a pool with high walls at the ends. You swim 1 length, do one pull out. 2 lengths then 2 pull outs, 3 then 3 etc etc... keep going to 10 lengths, 10 pull outs, then come down again. Fuck me its hard.

Good workout today, although I did make a couple concessions.

The other concession is that in between exercises I have do 1 minute on and 1 minute off treadmill runs, repeating 5 times, and 3 sets of that spread over the course of the workout. At the 3rd set about 6 mins in, my HR was 205, I was feeling pain and having been sick on Wed and Thurs I'm sure there may have been some small side effects. So I said fuck that shit and stopped the cardio, even though I had about 4 more minutes to go.

Fucking hate that cardio exercise.

I have the same issue....chest press with dumbbells lying on a gym ball (for the core engagement), and my arms are burning but can't really feel the chest too much. Odd thing is going on the chest machine gives the same result. However, last time I picked up some much heavier weights than usual (after seeing another swimming mate in there and noticing what he was lifting, I thought I need to man up a bit more!) and again while I felt my biceps burning, the next day I had stiffness in the chest, so I guess it must of been working that as well.

So maybe try a heavier weight?

Also I have a good book with lots of core exercises in. I can scan the pages and post them up if anyones interested. Good thing about these is you mostly don't need any equipment, though for some, light weights, gym balls, med balls and stretch cords come in useful.

Last edited: