FG Fitness Challenge

Just an opinion...avoid the Smith machine if possible because you'll work more "support" muscles with free weight. However starting on a Smith machine would be beneficial while developing sound technique.

That's why I said I use it for isolation :p but yes, I agree 100%.

I finally decided to get off my ass and start working out.

I started with 30 crunches...I think I've made it to 15-20 but now "owwww crampp." I sat up more yah...regretted it.

Gotta finish up the 30 then push-up times.

Edit: did them all, mother of fuck I'm sore.

I plan to do this 3x a week. Hopefully I'll stick with it.

Last edited:
Don't try to do too much in the beginning. I learned that the hard way when I started the gym this past November. My poor knees.

Just managed a 9 mile run in 1 hr 30 mins :D Now excuse me while I go and rebuild my legs!

Don't try to do too much in the beginning. I learned that the hard way when I started the gym this past November. My poor knees.

Yeah I'm still sore today, very sore. Owww...

I got up and walked from my room to the dining table where there was a piece of sees' candy.

So much fucking work. Phew.

Glad to see others in the gym today although its still pretty empty

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

I ate about 20-25 cookies undoing any progress I've made. :(

Anyone have ideas to make crunches easier on my back/neck and more effective?

I might just start running each day through my neighborhood.

I'm heading out on a walk. Wish me luck. I'm going to try and be gone for at least an hour

Last edited:
I started heading to gym again regulary after holidays......and had a little success moment today when out of curiosity I tried pushups.....when I started in summer 2010 I couldn't do a single one (yes, that untrained, especially back muscles) and now I could do 10 easily! Little success, quite hilarious to some fit people out there but for me it was a huge fuckyeah.jpg moment!

... now I could do 10 easily! Little success, quite hilarious to some fit people out there but for me it was a huge fuckyeah.jpg moment!
And so it should be, congrats! I'm fairly fit, but still can't do one push-up, even 'knee' pushups, so I have the greatest respect for those that can.

So as I mentioned elsewhere I started exercising again after a month. On account of the potential of my arm falling off I've limited myself to a stationary bike (my bicycle and a stationary-bike-become gadget). I degraded more than I though, but I seem to be catching up to my old levels pretty quickly.

I'm pretty sure when I start running again I'll die after ten feet. :p

I walked 2 and a half miles today. Feels good.

And so it should be, congrats! I'm fairly fit, but still can't do one push-up, even 'knee' pushups, so I have the greatest respect for those that can.

Thanks! I was suprised how well it went actually, I went down and up again like "wtf, why does this work" because before I was like you too, no chance of doing even more than two knee pushups, no strength in shoulders and arms whatsoever (at least not enough to move 94kg of German :D)

I started heading to gym again regulary after holidays......and had a little success moment today when out of curiosity I tried pushups.....when I started in summer 2010 I couldn't do a single one (yes, that untrained, especially back muscles) and now I could do 10 easily! Little success, quite hilarious to some fit people out there but for me it was a huge fuckyeah.jpg moment!

:thumbsup: :cheers: :clap:

I been there man. I couldn't do a single 1, and now I can crank out 40 easily. Keep it up!

My achievements - I have stretched my longest run to 9 miles (1hr 33mins); I can now easily run 6 miles in under an hour, and today did 4 miles in 33 minutes. My goal is to get 10 miles (preferably in 1hr 45 mins) under my belt by the end of January. After that it's anyone's guess depending on whether or not I actually have this operation that I need.

Running is a thing I can't do sadly, Doc said no......stupid back problems. I would love to go for a jog outside instead of using the boring cardio bikes but he said if I do it I will make my back issues worse, a lot worse.

Today I jogged continuously for 1 mile. Two weeks ago I couldn't jog a tenth of a mile, and a year ago when I was a smoker? Forget it.

My weight is 163, which I feel is 13 pounds too much for a person my size who is 5' 7" but with smaller bone structure.
So the goal is: 150 pounds on January 1st, 2013, and be able to jog five miles continuously.