FG Fitness Challenge

Today I jogged and biked - first 18 km cycling into the city, a bit of relaxing, a 5 km charity run, afterwards meeting up with people to eat supper and then 20 km cycling back home.

I think I'm gonna sleep very well tonight... :lol:

:lol:

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

I don't have any problems today, no sore muscles or anything, but as I predicted I slept very well tonight...

Everytime I try cardio i realize i hate cardio, workouts are back on track though, lifting heavy does enough for me weight loss wise. I'd love to play something like basketball or football with people, but pure cardio just bores me senseless, no matter what i do to distract myself.

After last week's overkill I decided to tone things down a bit again, but I failed miserably... :lol:

I drove to work by bike every day, on Friday I had a day off since I worked on Saturday two weeks ago so I cycled to my mum (20 km altogether) and today I jogged my usual 4.6 km in 26 minutes...

Oh, and I realised that if I hadn't driven to the US car season opening on May 1st I would have cycled (380 km) more than drove by car (about 450 km)... :blink:

Last edited:
So it turns out that the likely reason why I've supplemented my diet with grazing at work was because I've been eating too little, about 820 calories per day without cheating vs the 1620 that's recommended.

4m3kctz.jpg

that's one chicken breast at lunch and 2 at dinner.

What are quick and easy supplements to my diet to ensure I'm eating enough calories to be healthy?

Even if i'm at 1,200 something calories, I'm ok according to MFP.

I'm considering trying powdered Soylent for dinner most nights instead of trying to figure out something else.

EDIT: apparently that's also not enough calories, at least with Version 1.8. I'm at my wit's end here.

Last edited:
I am baffled at your struggle to come up with a normal diet... Just eat ffs. If your supposedly healthy diet does not deliver enough calories, guess what? It's not healthy. Easiest way to go: just add rice. Yes that's carbs, but who cares. Everything in moderation and you're fine. Adding some 400kcal of rice (or, if you want to mix it up, potatoes) to your diet daily should be perfectly fine. Plus, it's basically impossible to screw up cooking rice or plain potatoes (cup of rice, two cups of water, bring to a simmer, low heat until the water is gone). Too boring? Either suck it up or add a dollop of butter (yes butter full fat no margarine or low fat substitute bullshit - it's not going to make any difference looking at the quantities we're dealing with here). If you're super lazy you can make rice /potatoes for a week and heat it up in the microwave, all fine.

Disclaimer: this is purely my suggestion to boost the caloric content of your existing healthy diet (which, in my mind, should consist of plenty of greens and vegetables and not too much meat (of any kind)).

Rick, you should stop with the pop tarts. No real food value there, just sugar.

Why is there such a large carb intake in a fat loss diet, protein should blow carb out of the with regards to intake.

Use https://tdeecalculator.net/ to find your optimum intake and varying recommended macros.

Dont be afraid to eat, just make sure its proper meals and not snacks, theres nothing wrong with proper fats from butter and oil, in moderation, that's really the key, moderation.

Last edited:
So, I had an after-dinner workout in form of just over 27 km of cycling. With an average speed of about 29.5 kph. I hadn't managed such a high average since forever, even on such short distances. Damn that feels good. :)

Why isn't this thread in the sports section, anyway?

So, I had an after-dinner workout in form of just over 27 km of cycling. With an average speed of about 29.5 kph. I hadn't managed such a high average since forever, even on such short distances.
So, even though I was quite sure to be disappointed because there is no way I could repeat that performance, I took the same route again today. I was a second faster than last time... :D
But to be honest, traffic and traffic lights can easily cause about a minute of deviation even though I don't count standing time.

Oh, and I realised that if I hadn't driven to the US car season opening on May 1st I would have cycled (380 km) more than drove by car (about 450 km)... :blink:
I've been quiet for 1 1/2 months, but I haven't been inactive: my bike odometer now shows 704 km. I didn't jog every week, but at least every two weeks, but biking is a good compensation for that...

Current kilometre readage on the bike: 1100
Still jogging my 5 km lap every Sunday. :)

Yeah, I haven't done shit here....

My TV died on Monday. Usually, after work, I?ll decompress at my desk at home and watch the evening news/have the TV on as background as I use the computer.

After trying to fuck around with it and get it working, I?ve determined it?s dead and not worth fixing.

Instead of dropping over 100 bucks on a new TV, I?ve decided to finally take the plunge:

WnVB6v5.png

My health insurance works with a company called Tivity to provide access to gyms who participate in their program. I pay Tivity like 25 bucks a month but I can go to any gym participating in their network - something that?s especially convenient since I plan to move soon.

I also feel like dealing with my insurance company/Tivity will be easier than fighting a gym to cancel if needed.

I plan on touring a local place that doesn?t seem super intimidating yet isn?t all ?you can eat pizza here on Wednesday?s? like Planet Fitness. It seems like a place that I?d be able to grow into as I get healthier as well.

The waived enrollment fee for the program was the clincher for me in doing this, as I?m terminally cheap. Let?s see how I do in a few days. I plan on going to the gym at least 4 days a week.

Have you tried any other stuff than gyms? I for one lose interest in gym stuff quite quickly, as just repeating motions gets quite boring very quickly.

Even so, one of my lazier friends suggested a group challenge last week, to pressure himself to do something. So a total of five of us have been doing 100 pushups a day for 6-7 days now, aiming for 30 days. There has already been several personal victories over laziness due to group pressure. People ready to give up at 40-50 reps due to pain etc. excuses and then eventually powering through to complete the 100. I've had several months of doing very little as well, so being easily excitable I sprinted though the first day, doing the first 100 within 20 minutes. My muscles still haven't recovered from that shock. :lol:

Winter is coming - let's go jogging in the dark... :D

My boss and a colleague of mine are jogging 6 km every Wednesday after work. Now with daylight-saving time ending on Sunday I jogged with them for the first time, next week it'll be completely dark when we start and we are jogging through a nature reserve, of course there are no street lights in there whatsoever so we'll jog with head mounted lamps...

Why on earth did I sign up for that? :? Ah well, it was my choice and I'm not a quitter... :dunno:

Winter is coming - let's go jogging in the dark... :D

My boss and a colleague of mine are jogging 6 km every Wednesday after work. Now with daylight-saving time ending on Sunday I jogged with them for the first time, next week it'll be completely dark when we start and we are jogging through a nature reserve, of course there are no street lights in there whatsoever so we'll jog with head mounted lamps...

Why on earth did I sign up for that? :? Ah well, it was my choice and I'm not a quitter... :dunno:

I'd do it just because. :lol:
Actually sounds fun to jog through a nature reserve instead of dodging cars like I would need to do...

It is fun when you do it with colleagues, it's an incentive not to slow down. ;) That nature reserve is an old military training ground where tanks used to exercise so there are streets made of concrete which get slippery pretty quickly when it's wet and there are leaves on the streets. Well, it's fall/autumn, guess the weather we have...

Just see it as a team building measure to run through the dark 6km as quick as possible without anybody actually missing a step and falling down. :)