FG Fitness Challenge

Yeah, I thought I shouldn't overpace myself and average a heartrate of not more than 140 bpm, but today was a good day and I achieved that while averaging almost 28 kph. I'm quite surprised myself as I thought I'd average about 25 with that heartrate goal. I rode with the same guy I rode my former longest ride at 190 km. That said, Schleswig-Holstein is very flat so there weren't a lot of hills to hold us back and when you ride in the countryside there aren't many traffic lights as well. :)

That last bit is someone I should spend more effort on trying to find… the lights on my last ride really annoyed me. Also people ignoring me ringing my bell like a maniac or, walking two abreast, just both changing sides???? Wtf…
Anyway: fewer lights please! I’ll try and head out to terra nova* again this coming week. That ain’t very long and I’ll have to look at the bloody lignite plants, but at least it’s smooth and clear and has no lights or cars or any other such annoyances.
* what a ridiculous name for the „renatured“ (sic) place ruined by one of the biggest man made holes in the ground…

Yeah, I imagine in such a relatively built up area around Cologne there aren't that many small villages without traffic lights. On our route we sometimes had 20-40 km stretches without a single traffic light since it's so rural.

Oh, errm, did I mention with that ride I broke 5k km cycling for this year? Considering the first half of the year isn't even finished and I'm planning to cycle around 1000 km in two weeks in August my goal of 10k km is not just in sight, I might just as well adjust my goal to 12k... :mrgreen:

1655143645586.png

Insanity!

* what a ridiculous name for the „renatured“ (sic) place ruined by one of the biggest man made holes in the ground…
Would you just look at that view being completely and utterly ruined… by those windmills all the way at the back there! Not by that massive hole in the ground, no, no.
8052E253-6CA6-4663-90A4-BFC94A700DB0.jpeg

Last edited:
One of the German health care providers does a biking challenge every summer, just for shits and giggles basically. I set my personal goal to 40 days of cycling from May to August, so ten days per month.
Well, today I reached my 40th day. Six weeks ahead of schedule. :)

.... and why is this thread not in the sports section?

IMG_20220712_123851.jpg

Wait, you're doing it wrong, you have to be standing on it :|
congrats, it's a nice round number that.

Well, holy balls—I must be getting back into fightin' coco shape after all.

I recently did a full closet cleanout and took a bunch to the thrift store only to find pants I exiled mid-depression/pandemic because they were a tad small. Guess what fits again?!

It's like hitting the pants jackpot. I have so many pants now!

Well, holy balls—I must be getting back into fightin' coco shape after all.

I recently did a full closet cleanout and took a bunch to the thrift store only to find pants I exiled mid-depression/pandemic because they were a tad small. Guess what fits again?!

It's like hitting the pants jackpot. I have so many pants now!
This appears to have jinxed my luggage.
I have more pants now because KLM lost my bag for Roadtrip/Ringmeet. 🙃

But the good news is that even after Ringmeet, they all still seem to fit. Success, haha.

So, 2021 was more or less a lost year for me. Mainly because the gym was unavailable and I had so many things going on that I let myself slip a bit. Few kilograms may not seem like much but considering I know I lost muscle mass the actual gains were probably more than what the scales were telling me.

Now, early this year I got myself a tonsillectomy and after I hearled I got back in the gym. Today I managed to get a meeting with one of the PT's at the gym to work on my routine. From march, I'm nearly 9kg down from where I was at just before the operation. Now back on track. Still far from where I'm going but going anyway

...I also scored a free bicycle that I need to clean up a bit and see if I get around to actually using it. :D

New running track has a lot more elevation changes than the old one so suddenly I am happy to see a 27 in front. Still pushing for the return of 25, though... How hard can it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220825-191236.jpg
    Screenshot_20220825-191236.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 98
From Tuesday on I'll transport the coffee (albeit a smaller portion since there will be more people) further south towards Karlsruhe with a group of likeminded people. Background for the German speaking people: https://www.wissenleben.de/anders-wandern/kaffeeradeln-2022/
...aaaaand done. 1100 km of cycling in two weeks:

That's amazing amounts of cycling. I just logged my 300th kilometre this summer on Helsinkis city bikes which, probably for safety reasons, have three low and no high gears. So even counting these kilometres double I am far from real cycling programs like that. All the respect and kudos.

I've started walking some, for the first time since...maybe Phys. Ed in high school in the 90s. I don't have any real "end" goals other than consistency, and trying to regularly up the weekly total distance. Unfortunately due to a...er...I'll just leave it as a "digestion issue", I can only go for about 30-40 minutes at a time.

In June, I started with a goal of 10 miles for the week (4 days of 1.5 miles, and two days of 2 miles, and giving myself an allowance for one day off to say sane). To game-ify it a bit in my head, I'm thinking that if I can hit 10.5 miles two weeks in a row, then I'll bump my target up .5 miles. Then if I can keep hitting that distance, I'll bump the target up another 1/2 mile. Last week I ended on 11.95 miles.

I'm currently on a medication that both: crushes my immune system, and also makes my skin super sensitive to sun, so to avoid people and sunburn, I've been walking late at night like 11pm. But then when I get home I'm too wired and warm to go to sleep so then I stay up too late...

Last edited:
Erm, so it’s getting to the point my jeans are nearly impossible to keep up without a belt. I was walking hank this morning and bent down to pick up his droppings and my ass nearly hung out….

I’m also on my last belt loop which I have been for a while but it’s starting to be somewhat useless. It’s better than northing, but I have to hike up my pants every so often…

I don’t have a scale so I’m not sure how much I’ve lost, but it seems to be something.

Apparently my side-job averages about 2.5+ miles of just walking around each day. I'm a little annoyed that my phone's been tracking that data for this, but it's kinda interesting anyway.