FG folks along the Gulf (between TX and FL)?

thomas

Grouchy Beemer Owner
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
E39 M5, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '21 Focus Wagon
Since I will be making a little drive from Texas over to Floriderp, I was wondering if anyone happens to live somewhere along the route that I am not aware of.

I am thinking of a 2-stint-trip with a potential stop being New Orleans, either just for a night or maybe two and briefly explore the area. Maybe Mobile to move the halfway-point closer to FL. But I have no idea about the area really, and so far my plan is just to drive through as fast as I can :p. But if someone is out there, maybe a quick meet and greet can be arranged, to extend the list of FG people I've met.. :D.

When? I will be in Florida on a regular monthly basis starting around July.

Way sooner than that :). Early April.

I'm likely to make my "half-way" stop in Pensacola now, to shift the driving portions towards the first day, and overall save a day that I originally planned to stay in New Orleans. Stop on the way back depends on whether I stop in Houston or go straight to Austin. In the latter case I am looking at Gulfport MS for a good stop.

But yeah it seems like the number of people down there that are on here is more than just slim ;). I guess at least I can make up some time driving instead of stopping :D

I'd almost have been in the region around that time, but stuff happened and other stuff didn't happen :/

I'd almost have been in the region around that time, but stuff happened and other stuff didn't happen :/

Awwww. No!