FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
goddammit, I keep trying to ignore this thread but this meet is getting bigger and bigger, why did my two hardest exams have to be on the 19th and the 22nd??? I?m already suffering withdrawal symptoms now, and it?s not gonna get any better over the next few weeks...

how long are all you guys from far away staying? anyone up for a smaller sequel the following weekend? :?

I know the ring by heart and I think I speak an acceptable english ;) so if anyone needs a rally style codriver giving instructions I'll be your man

Sounds good to me ... I've never been round the track and it'ld be nice to have an instructor on my first lap ...

Greetings
Michael

I could use a little help from someone who know the ring well too, I know it by heart on GT4 but I imagine it's very different in real :-D

I could use a little help from someone who know the ring well too, I know it by heart on GT4 but I imagine it's very different in real :-D

GT4 is actually quite good for getting to know the rough layout of the circuit, and to know the really dangerous corners (you know, the ones where you always crash ;))from the other ones, but you?ll still lose track of where you are on the first few laps, so be careful...

it works much better the other way around though, after you?ve driven the real ring a few times, your laptimes in GT4 will massively improve :D

Hey guys, I've been mostly reading in these forums rather than posting ;) however as a fan of TG and as well FinalGear I'd like to come to the ring as well if that's ok ;) It's only 120kms from where I live.
I know the ring by heart and I think I speak an acceptable english ;) so if anyone needs a rally style codriver giving instructions I'll be your man ;) [I won't "race" my mother's 55hp Corsa over the ring, wouldn't be fun ;) ]
A friend of mine will come as well with his Golf 3 GTI and some laps ring experience :)
By the way, someone has to ask the TG crew to join us there :D

Where are you based?

Sounds good to me ... I've never been round the track and it'ld be nice to have an instructor on my first lap ...

Greetings
Michael

I would be glad to help you out :) Actually as Ford said GT4 is a good start but I would as well recommend onboard videos. The track is much tighter, steeper and more hilly than it appears in GT4, so the first time you will be very surprised. My mates used to get lost after the "Karussell" so I had to guide them from there :)

Where are you based?

I live in Solingen, that's close to Wuppertal, Cologne etc. maybe you have heard about the famous "Messerstadt" (Town where the knives come from)

Malheureusement mon francais n'est pas aussi bien que mon anglais :( Dans l'universit? j'apprend espagnol ^^ Mais si tu peux entendre mon anglais ca ne va pas etre un probleme de t'aider aussi :D

Last edited:
Malheureusement mon francais n'est pas aussi bien que mon anglais :( Dans l'universit? j'apprend espagnol ^^ Mais si tu peux entendre mon anglais ca ne va pas etre un probleme de t'aider aussi :D

Oh je m'en sors assez bien en anglais je pense :-D

I think my english is quite good, I perfected it with Top Gear :-D

:D

Solingen the Knifetown........yeah.......I am from Essen, the Kruppsteel town ^^

Yea and I am in Bruchsal, the err.... military barracks and...err...lame stripclub and....feldj?ger town dorf

*Cough cough*

I only got replies from Adu, D-Fence, MXM and killpanda :(

So I've been talking to MXM in the chat and we're still looking at hotels. A lot haven't got any rooms left :(

Maybe we could get reply from people who would be requiring a room, and the dates you'd need it from-to.

Secondly it would be a good idea to have a way to contact each other if something happends/someone gets lost, so if everyone that's comming sends me a PM I'll put it together and send it out the week of the meet.
You might as well send: real name, mailadress, phone number, car + colour and if you're traveling with someone extra so we know how many we are.

Also we need to organize eating on saturday so we need to know if everybody wants to eat together or if you're emo :p

Anybody local willing to look into places to eat or should we go for:
you should make a reservation:

Phone +49 (0) 2691 9220 - 00

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/de/restaurant/[/STRIKE]

if there's room? Any volunteers?

Done, thanks D-Fence :D

I think that was it for now :D

Last edited: