FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
mgkdk: You've got mail :cool:

sorry for the delay

I still haven't planed that weekend completely ... I'll be at the ring from thursday till sunday ... but I'm not sure if I can meet with you on saturday ... or how early I'll be able to get up sunday morning :lol:

Greetings
Michael

Do you guys have any general suggestions about what could I do from wednesday until the end of the week? I've planned to visit Porsche on tuesday and maybe Speyer (I know, Buran isn't ready yet, but still...), and I only have to go back on friday or saturday. So, since I'm already there, any other potentially interesting places? I'd love to go drive on Spa-Francorchamps, but they don't have tourist days as often as Ring does :(

Jok and homer-jay_simpson :thumbsup:

I've been looking at hotels, but haven't really found anything, what do you guys think about camping?

There is some info here and then a link to this which is confusing to say the least.

edit: Oh, and the campground is right next to the GP track :D

OK, update, I wont make it. Finals week between 19-25th of July. Anyways, I hope you guys have good fun.

Don't be such a wuss MXM. You're from .fi and are complaining about German mosquitoes? I've been eaten alive in .fi. Nothing here will ever compare.

One more down for camping.

I'm not really a fan of mosquitoes either, but we're prolly not gonna spend that much time there.

You can still buy anti mosquitoes products like spirals and things like that, they work quite nicely :)

Well, I have nothing for camping (including experience). With all the stuff that I would need to buy it wouldn't even be cheaper than a hotel, and much less comfortable...

But I have bigger problem now. It's unclear whether my car will run before the trip :( Which means I have two options, take some other car or rent one.
Only other car I can take is golf variant, but it's complitely unjustified to pay stupid amount of money for the ferry (550e for the round trip) just to take a boring golf around the track...
For the same money I can fly there and take a rental for a week. But what's the point of doing it when you can't drive on the track :(

^ Awwww :( What's wrong with your car?