FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters

MXM

I paid for this title
19th and 20th of July!

Mark your calendars!

So, a full weekend meet! Main meet day is saturday with a nice event to watch, and full day to drive on the track on sunday. If you plan to drive, you might be interested to stay on monday too, since there will be significantly less people.

Here's the copy-paste of the schedule:
Saturday, 19th: 08:00 - 18:00 BF Goodrich-Langstreckenmeisterschaft (Nordschleife)
Sunday, 20th: 08:00 - 19:30 Touristenfahrten
Monday, 21st: 13:00 - 19:30 Touristenfahrten

If you're coming, please send your info by PM to mgkdk:
... it would be a good idea to have a way to contact each other if something happends/someone gets lost, so if everyone that's comming sends me a PM I'll put it together and send it out the week of the meet.
You might as well send: real name, mailadress, phone number, car + colour and if you're traveling with someone extra so we know how many we are.

Meeting point is here (http://forums.finalgear.com/finalge...ly-19th-20th-2008-a-27143/page-14/#post735209), at 13:00 on saturday.

Also read these posts if you plan to watch the start of the VLN race:
http://forums.finalgear.com/finalge...ly-19th-20th-2008-a-27143/page-15/#post735287
http://forums.finalgear.com/finalge...ly-19th-20th-2008-a-27143/page-17/#post741548

On saturday we have a reservation at Pistenklause:
I got a table in the Pistenklause,

19.07.2008, 19h, 15-20 People, on my name (mgkdk has my last name just in case)

We have time until around 20:30h, because the race teams are coming. :)

I'll leave the voting open, so we can keep track of people.

Last edited:
shite, I still dont know if I'll be free...

I am still somehow uncertain about the 19th. The 12th is a definite go.
It would be a shame if I'd miss the 2nd meet. :(

Edit: Both dates cleared up. Either way I'm there, wohoo!

Last edited:
Right now the 19th-20th would have the highest probability of me attending.

12-13th is a NO for me as I got 3 exams that week.
19th-20th is fine.

As well, the VLN is a nice thing to watch, I planned on going there too. 9? for complete entry on the stands, the pits and the track - what more do you want?

I will do my utmost best to drive out there with the three of us for one day. Both weekends are essentially just fine, it all depends on little Maud. If she can't make it, i'll probably go alone.

Argh, typical. I was preparing stuff (money, car) thinking I'd be able to make it.
You've chosen the two weekends I'm busy (I'm going to be in Berlin both weekends...!)...

Bummer... :(

Technically, I should be able to make it to the Ring in six hours without even speeding !

Can't wait to be there... :burnrubber:

I'm definitely going to do a lap with my Fiesta, just so I can proudly stick the ring sticker on my bumper :)

yeah, if you arrive at the ring with the proper amount of respect, one lap isn?t gonna shorten the life of your car... but in the end everyone should decide for themselves whether or not they want to go round...

^ That's not what I'm worrying about, it's crashing horribly into something :p Or I could just drive at 30 kms all the way round :think:

Or I could just drive at 30 kms all the way round :think:
doing that definitely won?t improve your chances :p

seriously though, it?s not as bad as you think...
but anyone who doesn?t feel comfortable with the idea of driving on the track, obviously shouldn?t do it...

I found sticking my satnav to my windshield a big help last year. Because the Ring is a public road, it's in all satnav software. It really helped me in a few tricky situations. And even driving moderately fast around there is still the biggest thrill i ever got out of anything.