FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
Worst case I can accomodate people, provided you have sleeping bags. As of now, I have one big couch, one relatively small couch, a hammock, a bed couch and plently of floor space :p

Only downside, I li9ve about an hour and half of good driving from the ring

Worst case I can accomodate people, provided you have sleeping bags. As of now, I have one big couch, one relatively small couch, a hammock, a bed couch and plently of floor space :p

Only downside, I li9ve about an hour and half of good driving from the ring

That isn't far from the Ring... Could have been much worse.

I might end up sleeping in the car from friday to saturday since I'll be arriving sometime in the middle of the night.

You drive a diesel Ice. I average 6.5l/100km when doing 150km/h in my dads diesel too.

You just don't know how to drive economically. I can manage 4.8 in my dad's A6 TDI at those speeds. I say CAN, cause right now the gauge isn't showing an exactly low number. :p

I'll just copy this to this page to get some replies.

So I've been talking to MXM in the chat and we're still looking at hotels. A lot haven't got any rooms left :(

Maybe we could get reply from people who would be requiring a room, and the dates you'd need it from-to.

Secondly it would be a good idea to have a way to contact each other if something happends/someone gets lost, so if everyone that's comming sends me a PM I'll put it together and send it out the week of the meet.
You might as well send: real name, mailadress, phone number, car + colour and if you're traveling with someone extra so we know how many we are.

Also we need to organize eating on saturday so we need to know if everybody wants to eat together or if you're emo :p

Anybody local willing to look into places to eat or should we go for:
... if you consider eating at the Pistenklause ... and it's a safe bet that a lot of teams and drivers will do so, too ... you should make a reservation:

Phone +49 (0) 2691 9220 - 00

http://www.am-tiergarten.de/de/restaurant/

Maybe you should eat at 6 o'clock ... thats when the race is just finished (you'll miss the winners presentation) and I guess the teams won't get there until 7 o'clock.

if there's room? Any volunteers?

I think that was it for now :D

Err, the GDI's a petrol engine, just don't pull the pedal to the ground all the time and you should manage something below 10l with your car as well! ;)

I averaged 6.8l/100km with my car before I switched to LPG, but now it is just too tempting :D

@ 4.8l/100km only when driving CONSTANTLY, not in traffic. As well, when driving a TDI you want to floor it anyways, and 9.2l/100km at 215km/h is good too :D

@ mgkdk: do you know how many people we are? so we could look at the restaurants around..

@ mgkdk: do you know how many people we are? so we could look at the restaurants around..

:no: only got replies from you and adu, the poll says 15 so I would think that's max.

I got a table in the Pistenklause,

19.07.2008, 19h, 15-20 People, on my name (mgkdk has my last name just in case)

We have time until around 20:30h, because the race teams are coming. :)

Sweet! I hope they can cook enough food for 15-20 people in an hour.

I got a table in the Pistenklause,

19.07.2008, 19h, 15-20 People, on my name (mgkdk has my last name just in case)

We have time until around 20:30h, because the race teams are coming. :)

:thumbup:

Hey guys, I've been mostly reading in these forums rather than posting ;) however as a fan of TG and as well FinalGear I'd like to come to the ring as well if that's ok ;) It's only 120kms from where I live.
I know the ring by heart and I think I speak an acceptable english ;) so if anyone needs a rally style codriver giving instructions I'll be your man ;) [I won't "race" my mother's 55hp Corsa over the ring, wouldn't be fun ;) ]
A friend of mine will come as well with his Golf 3 GTI and some laps ring experience :)
By the way, someone has to ask the TG crew to join us there :D

Last edited: