FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

FG N?rburgring weekend meet - July 19th/20th, 2008

• Total voters
That was one very fast fiesta!
And i was being distracted by MXM giving the tourist tour.. and swek weighs a lot.

(it felt fast enough :( )

I was actually quite surprised by how well the car reacted on the track, of course it was quite slow but I expected more understeer and things like that !

And I was even more surprised by my knowledge of the track, I had only ran on it virtually by GT4 and others but basically, I knew the track ! That gave me the confidence to push my car a little bit more than I was planning to :burnrubber: :driving: :stig:

What, no pictures yet? I'm paying 2?/hour for nothing? :(

Few words about today. Camping sux, this night was damn freezing. Day as well actually (swek, your jacket is a life saver). Weather drains all the fun out of the trip :(

C&P from the irc:

[05:01] <MXM_cafe> today was awful. It was sunny in the morning, I bought 4 lap ticket
[05:01] <MXM_cafe> then the ring opened
[05:02] <MXM_cafe> and it was pouring down
[05:02] <MXM_cafe> and it didn't stop for the whole day
[05:02] <MXM_cafe> I did two laps, decided it's best for me and the car to stop here
[05:02] <MXM_cafe> those were 25 scariest minutes I#ve experienced :)
[05:03] <MXM_cafe> no refunds for the other 2 laps :(
[05:03] <MXM_cafe> drifting in every corner basically, 2 times very nearly lost it, and one time did lose it
[05:03] <MXM_cafe> downhill right corner, 100-120...
[05:04] <MXM_cafe> at least I stopped spinning on the grass, not the barrier

I timed wet laps though, best one 12:48 ;) And the only dry lap I did was with kip yesterday. That was probably my fastest too, thanks to new tyres and brakes. Right now I'm stuck with 2 unused tickets expiring by the end of the year :(

Well, looking forward to Porsche factory visit tomorrow at least :)

And it was a good meet, as mentioned earlier, worth coming all the way down here :) (the cake alone was worth it ;))

He didn't have swek to keep him warm yesterday :p

Was a great trip for me, shame about my headache on saturday. But that went away quickly after the restaurant gave me a painkiller. I should have bought my own, same thing happened when i was at Monza last year.

The weather was ok, and everyone tried to make it a success, and that was very important. And it did become a success.
I saw loads of very nice cars, that alone was worth the trouble. But the race, ring laps, and company made it extra special.

The ring is like a roller-coaster ride, huge elevation drops, impressive G forces.. but you die if you make a big mistake :D

It's something i'll never forget. Thanks everyone!

Oh come on, those are good.

Also: Great car ;)

2692640999_ec3ee20523.jpg

That went on the ring? Must have been a riot to watch it. Much like the VW T1 you guys did miss. That one went in the rain too.

When we took the photo it wasn't leaving the carpark if you see what I mean :-D

I do think my fiesta must have been loads of fun to watch rolling like crazy in every corners :-D

Look what I found :D

Kip about to go round (with mxm in the passengerseat and swek and me in the back) and killpanda after the bmw
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2008/07/22/8200rpm.com.437533_H.png

not sure if this is mxm, the rims look wrong (and the car looks too clean :p)
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2008/07/22/8200rpm.com.437620_H.png

Look what I found :D

Kip about to go round (with mxm in the passengerseat and swek and me in the back) and killpanda after the bmw
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2008/07/22/8200rpm.com.437533_H.png

not sure if this is mxm, the rims look wrong (and the car looks too clean :p)
https://pic.armedcats.net/m/mg/mgkdk/2008/07/22/8200rpm.com.437620_H.png

Hey nice find !!!!

For the Porsche, it's the German one we saw a few minutes before MXM's one :)

WEE! Hey, what about from yesterday, when we were just hanging around?