FG UK South East Meet - BTCC at Brands May 2nd. Up for it?

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
So madpsi is coming over from the Good Ole US of A to visit the UK and Yurp and posted a thread asking for ideas of things to do. I suggested he try the BTCC meet at the Brands Hatch GP Circuit on Bank Holiday Monday, May 2nd and then it struck me it would be a good chance for some of us to hook up.

I'll try to PM a few people who are pretty local but if you fancy meeting up then please register some interest. It would be good finally to meet some of you.

Considering I am the most local here (I live about 7 miles from the track :lol:) it would be nice to see people there. And I haven't been up to Brands for years! However I may be less likely to go depending on the number of people who will be there (not much point if its just the two or three :p. I'll see who else could make it before I commit to anything (I am a student after all :p), but I am currently free that day.

It's a bloody long way for me but it sounds good, never got round to going to a BTCC race. I've went down to Dunsfold in the Land Rover last year though and that wasn't too painful. Apart from the blind spots on the motorway.

Sounds like fun, and since it's a bank holiday my office will be closed. I'll start saving for the petrol...

I am on for it - if I can talk the Mrs Cobol74 around - she is going off on hols without me and taking the offspring the next day soooo I may be duty bound to hang around. I will give it a go though.

It's a bloody long way for me but it sounds good, never got round to going to a BTCC race. I've went down to Dunsfold in the Land Rover last year though and that wasn't too painful. Apart from the blind spots on the motorway.

Sounds like fun, and since it's a bank holiday my office will be closed. I'll start saving for the petrol...

If I go down I'm happy to pick you up on the way, it wouldn't be significantly out of the way I would go anyway.

Edit: Scratch that, I didn't realise it was a Sunday so I won't be able to make it.

Last edited:
I've had another look at whats going on, and I don't know whether anyone else is still going, but I'm less likely to be there now. ?30 or so is a fair bit, and I don't follow any motorsport really, and I don't even know who exists in the BTCC :p. To be honest I can't see myself having that much fun wih a day out at Brands. Add to that I may not be too awake until late as I'm at a party the previous evening, so I'm unlikely to be able to get there until half way through the day anyway :p Sorry guys!

E: I just re-read that and I apologize for sounding like a bit of a dick. :lol: What I am trying to say is that if it were the Saturday I would probably be much happier as it is cheaper, a longer day's racing, and it would be less busy. However I work on Saturdays (and presumably others do as well). And I'll basically only be able to have a half day there on the Sunday, which that seems a bit steep for.

E2: And while talking to my mum about various plans it turns out (or rather I forgot) that we're going up to Rotherham for Sunday/Monday for my grandad's 80th. So I'll actually be quite a long way away from home then :p Sorry again!

Last edited:
Hmm, 250 miles. I think I may already be doing something that weekend though. Will have to check.

Did this fall on it's arse then? I was at Santa Pod last Sunday which was an expensive enough drive anyway. Will post videos in the General Automotive Video Offers.

Last edited:
It did, sadly, but since the weather was absolutely shite that day it wouldn't have been the most pleasant place to be. Good old British apathy!