FGForza2 Time Attack League 2008

gtimk2.jpg

1:00.xxx here I come! 8)

I use the pad (btw got 01:01.5xx in test drive, but that doesn't really count because you can change tuning mid lap).

gtimk2.jpg

1:00.xxx here I come! 8)
I'd love to see your upgrades and tuning on that car, great time. Lots of downforce I assume. Anyways I didn't see this 'till today so I didn't sign up but just for kicks. . .

Did it in 1:03.257 in my VW corrado

Using a scoreboard 206 I can do it in 1:01.151

Edit - just realized it is the third of February, I'll have to get a picture

I'd love to see your upgrades and tuning on that car, great time.

I changed that Golf's setup totally, but I think that time was the one with 2006 Golf GTI 2.0l turbo FWD powertrain with about 160kW, everything except weight reduction maxed from suspension/brakes/gearbox and sports tires. No downforce at all, I thought it'd only slow my car down as its not very powerful in the first place.

Now I'm driving the same Golf mk2 GTI with original powertrain with about 130kW. I have everything upgraded from suspension/brakes/gearbox/weightreduction/etc and run it on widened racing slicks with no downforce. It only weighs 810kg so its pretty damn fast round the bends. 8) Still does +200kmh on the main straight though.
edit: the low-weight mk2 GTI is doing well under 1:01.500 times atm.
edit2: forgot to mention about the tuning setups, I only softened the suspension (springs,dampers,stabilizers), optimized the gear ratios (on the limiter just before braking to the first bend) and changed the LSD to 5%. I'm fine tuning the setup constantly but thats it roughly.

Last edited:
I changed that Golf's setup totally, but I think that time was the one with 2006 Golf GTI 2.0l turbo FWD powertrain with about 160kW, everything except weight reduction maxed from suspension/brakes/gearbox and sports tires. No downforce at all, I thought it'd only slow my car down as its not very powerful in the first place.

Now I'm driving the same Golf mk2 GTI with original powertrain with about 130kW. I have everything upgraded from suspension/brakes/gearbox/weightreduction/etc and run it on widened racing slicks with no downforce. It only weighs 810kg so its pretty damn fast round the bends. 8) Still does +200kmh on the main straight though.
edit: the low-weight mk2 GTI is doing well under 1:01.500 times atm.
edit2: forgot to mention about the tuning setups, I only softened the suspension (springs,dampers,stabilizers), optimized the gear ratios (on the limiter just before braking to the first bend) and changed the LSD to 5%. I'm fine tuning the setup constantly but thats it roughly.
Cool, I expected, max downforce as most scoreboard whore cars run nothing but the full aero kit. I tend to agree with the ideology that less downforce in a less powerful car is generally bad. Plus, the Forza Aero kit is ugly as sin.

Anywho, I might have to try out some of your modifications. The Mk2 is one of my favorite cars.

I'm in on this. see what we can do with a Honda Civic.

Here's my best time:

Bit disappointed really because i hoped to get into the 1.01s :(

Aww well there's still time. I've been trying lots of different FWD cars (spend about 400k credits :rolleyes:) to find something fast. Started with the new Type R, but that understeers too much. I couldn't even get 1.01 out of the 206 RC...

I got bored after posting this time so i started playing with my D40 (hence the new avatar :D)

I've sent in my time, and I opt to use my right to sandbag in this thread.

Got a 1.01.6 in test drive mode earlier driving my stripped out CRX. Ran out of time to do it on free run though so that will have to wait.

I've received one time so far, don't forget to submit your final time via PM or it won't count !

I'm also thinking about shortening each round from a month to two week and then running around eight or ten rounds per season ?

All suggestions welcome !

I've received one time so far, don't forget to submit your final time via PM or it won't count !

I'm also thinking about shortening each round from a month to two week and then running around eight or ten rounds per season ?

All suggestions welcome !

Two weeks would be more than enough, if you ask me.

Will you be accepting times from test drive (where you can tune your car)?

Two weeks is fine with me. Just put up a longer, more difficult track and a faster not-FWD car for next round. :)