Fiat 124 Spider 2016

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
A 3.2 isn't going to happen, the extra length up front likely is to make space for the 1.4's intercooler. I'd expect the Abarth to be a hotter turbo four... if you do stuff the 2.9 V6 from the Giulia in there it'd have 375kW - more than three times the oomph of the 2.0 ND :driving:

I'll hold out an actual judgement until I've seen and driven it in the metal - for example, the bigger boot might make up for the larger rear overhang :dunno:

Does that lump have a published weight yet? I'd like to know how much it'd screw with handling. if it won't be that big a deal, damn you've got a pretty awesome machine on your hands.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'16 VW The Beetle Cabrio
Ah... well, if you want to blow up your 124 :dunno:

If the car's designed for lightness and the 160hp 2.0/1.4T with an option for an Abarth at 200-250hp, putting 510hp into the car is going to need so many changes it'd be an entirely different car afterwards... that's after you changed the front end for a larger one to accommodate twice the displacement, cooling, etc. - it's just not going to happen.

geeman

suomiface
Car(s)
Toyota Corolla,Chevrolet Corvette,Alfa Romeo Mito
Just came here to say: I still want one.

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart 1.4T mtx, '13 FIAT, '03 Ranger XLT Supcab
IIRC, that color is exclusive to the launch edition. Regular Spiders get the choice of some reds and grays.

narf

Sgt. Maj. Buzzkill
DONOR
Car(s)
'16 VW The Beetle Cabrio
IIRC, that color is exclusive to the launch edition. Regular Spiders get the choice of some reds and grays.
I think that's a US limitation, Azzurro Italia is listed as a regular colour over here - just like Rosso Passione, the only colour for our launch "Anniversary Edition" limited to, you guessed it, 124 cars.

CrzRsn

Mr. Fedewhatever
DONOR
Car(s)
13 Ford Mustang GT, 17 Ford Fiesta ST
Saw that one in person yesterday, certainly looks better than photos. And in my opinion, it looks better than the ND.

rickhamilton620

has a fetish for terrible cars
Car(s)
2012 Kia Forte EX
Soo...rebounded after your experience with the 500 or are you in for a Miata in a different suit?
Miata in a different suit. I'm only hoping that they tested the shit out of the 124 specific engine...but given my experiences with the 500 I have my doubts...because FCA.

At least i can sigh wistfully at the blue as I'm stranded on the side of the road, hood open.