Fiat 124 Spider - The MX-5 with some italian flare

Not bad. I think I prefer the way it looks to the new Mazda.

Looks wise, I'll take this over the ND any day.

Also am I the only one that hates the dual-tip exhaust on the same side. I do wish they put one tip on either side ? la NC Club. Dual tip together only looks good in the center.

7YW9biel.jpg

But I suppose that'll come on the Abarth version.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm buying one.

Edit:

Our source also hinted that a lightweight, more affordable, Caterham 160-style model could be on the cards. This would have steel wheels and a ?mechanically sensible? powertrain. It would be stripped of anything non-essential, though, with a focus on back-to-basics, rear-wheel-drive handling.

cYanmPn.jpg

Last edited:
Is there any truth to those or is it just a bunch of photoshop mockups?

I am loving the front and the profile. The rear....I am still unsure.

Looks wise, I'll take this over the ND any day.

Also am I the only one that hates the dual-tip exhaust on the same side.

*looks at his own car*
:cry:

I need to see a real photo of this. That render has... odd proportions.

- - - Updated - - -

I am loving the front and the profile. The rear....I am still unsure.

*looks at his own car*
:cry:
Move up here, dammit. Come join us :)

Oh so everyone wants to make an F-type lookalike now then? :lol:

I think it looks pretty good, would rather it had an Alfa Romeo badge on it though.

... aand whatever my equivalent of sploosh is, which i guess is just sploosh.

i'll join the crowd for the actual images, some details look slightly off in those renders... still, fiat, make it happen!

I feel like the photos of the two cars have been mixed up. To me, this looks like Mazda styling, and the MX5 looks like it should be italian.

Last edited:
Italian car flare:

fiat-grande-punto-faw.jpg

18d3kiomse73hjpg.jpg

Italian car flair:
360535.jpg

Given that this is Fiat, I'm thinking it's more likely the former than the latter here; it is likely to be an MX5 that randomly bursts into flames.

Last edited:
According to my doctor, I am also "mechanically sensible." Then he made me cough twice.

It's a Miata with ugly bodywork, a Fiat badge, and most likely a higher price tag? That's gayer than two dudes touching sausages while sharing a urinal.
Jim_Carey.jpg

You forgot the part about "less reliability" (probably)

I feel like the photos of the two cars have been mixed up. To me, this looks like Mazda styling, and the MX5 looks like it should be italian.

I agree. I much prefer the Mazda...and I don't think I'd feel the same of this was the Alfa it was originally meant to be.