Rumour Mill: FIAT Strada may be Americanized as the RAM Rampage

PelicanHazard

Car(s)
'13 Dart, '03 Ranger, '20 390 Duke, '22 K16GTL
Someone near Chrysler HQ got pictures of what appears to be a heavily-disguised FIAT Strada with higher ground clearance and a longer cabin:

ram-strada-proto-b02-kgp-1.jpg

ram-strada-proto-b10-kgp-1.jpg

(Note the similarities in the lights to the Strada; also, the spy shooters said it was equipped with a diesel and stick)

Fiat_Strada_Adventure_1.3_JTD_Multijet_Lumberjack_(IV)_%E2%80%93_Frontansicht,_5._Oktober_2013,_M%C3%BCnster.jpg

Strada-2013-6.jpg

FIAT hasn't tested a Strada in the US before, even the 2014 refresh of it. Coupled with the differences in cabin and ride height more suitable for American tastes, rumors of a small pickup revival to replace the dead Dakota, and previous appearances of FIAT Commercial Products Ducato and Doblo in the US before their RAM-ification as the ProMasters, leads people to think this may be a new Dakota or Rampage.

Of course, it's also quite possible it's simply FIAT yanking everyone around and testing a foreign-market-only vehicle in the US, like Ford Australia recently did with the Everest in Colorado.

How's the ProMaster doing, sales-wise?

Not that great. Only about a tenth of the monthly sales of the Ford E-Series, though that's to be expected; on top of the divisive looks, it is an all-new vehicle for the US, so fleet managers are understandably reticent.

Last edited:
Really? In New York City and in Boston there are already loads of them.

Local abnormality, perhaps. Nationwide, less than 10,000 ProMasters have been sold compared to 10,000 E-Series last month alone. I know here in Pittsburgh, I've only seen 2.

All I can say is... Bring back the rampage!!!

I've seen a few Promasters around here. It definitely stands out. One was towing a car.