Ownership Verified: Fiesta !

sicnarf_1978

Car(s)
2017 Buick Regal and 1997 Peugeot 106
I changed my Volvo. New job, more mileage and probably some repairs were to be done. I did a radical change... a subcompact. I wanted to lower the % of my budget about car to travel more. But I had some non negociable points... the car should have heated seats, fogs, to be hatchback, have a great fuel economy and to be blue or red.

I started at Mazda. Everything was finalised for a Mazda 3 Sport GS Commodit?. Except that the dealer didn't want to sell me without publicity stickers and a plate protector. He lost a sale... next stop Kia. I wanted a Forte 5 SX blue. On June 30tth, there were a few cars availlable, but on July 2nd, no more before august or september. And without the 2014 promos. So now... we move at Ford. I chose a brand new 2014 Fiesta SE with Sport group (mags, fogs, Sync, MyFordTouch, sport seats) and Comfort group (heated seats and mirrors, automatic climate control). Ruby Red. One car left in eastern Canada with manual transmission. And now, it's mine !

So first, the window sticker with all the equipment d?tails...

2014-07-05-16-59-20-13782.jpg

Then, the proof of ownership...

dscf6590-13781.jpg

Say hello to Fiesta !

dscf6593-13778t.jpg

dscf6596-13775.jpg

dscf6597-13783.jpg

dscf6594-13777.jpg

dscf6595-13776.jpg

Inside...

dscf6591-13780.jpg

dscf6592-13779.jpg

dscf6599-13773.jpg

Some d?tails...

dscf6602-13770.jpg

dscf6603-13769.jpg

dscf6604-13768.jpg

dscf6605-13767.jpg

dscf6600-13772.jpg

dscf6608-13764.jpg

Ford is one of the rare manufacturer to have some respect for Qu?bec customers and putting French labels.

dscf6606-13766.jpg

A mirror view of me

dscf6611-13762.jpg

And the two best feeling in the world (after sex)... having a new car and eating a delicious chicken Pad Tha? at Tha? Express.

2014-07-09-17-00-17-13627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: TC
I like those Fiestas a lot.
Congrats!

"Objects in mirror are blocked by this sticker" :lol:

:cheers:

It's a closeup. In driving conditions, you see it right on the original sticker in the mirror. Just to show that Ford do some things to respect people from Qu?bec. They are probably the only one.

Speaking of mirrors, those blid spot mirrors integrated in the mirrors are really good. Better than the electronic BLIS systems.

The current generation Fiesta looks so premium. I bet the handling is amazing. Congrats!

Thank you ! The Fiesta looks great, particulary after the facelift. But only in hatchback. The saloon version looks weird. And yes, the handling is excellent. I didn't thought I could have this kind of handlaing in a sub-compact. I was looking for compacts, but I didn't like the driving position in the Focus. I ask for a road test with a Fiesta. And it were really good. The only problem is that the suspensions are a little bit too hard. It is impossible to find all this equipment and a good handling at this price in North America.

Ooh, nice. Can't go wrong with the current Fiesta. :thumbsup:

Did the sport-package include stiffer suspension? The standard suspension (euro spec) didn't feel too hard.

Drove one of those a few weeks ago when my MINI was in the shop. Wasn't too bad at all! Really nice inside, that's for sure.

Wait a minute, wasn't the 1.6 Ti-VCT discontinued for the facelift?

Anyway, congrats! The current Fiesta is a proper hatchback. And in the best available colour, too.

Ooh, nice. Can't go wrong with the current Fiesta. :thumbsup:

Did the sport-package include stiffer suspension? The standard suspension (euro spec) didn't feel too hard.

No, it's the same suspension. But the sport package comes with 16 inches mags instead of 15 inches. The harder ride comes from the low profile tyres. Ans as I had a Volvo before, everything will ride harder ! XD

- - - Updated - - -

Wait a minute, wasn't the 1.6 Ti-VCT discontinued for the facelift?

Not on this side of the Atlantic... There is 3 engine choices... The 120 HP 1,6 for almost all Fiesta, the 1,6 EcoBoost for the ST and the 1,0 EcoBoost for the Fiesta SE with manual transmission and SFE package for 1500 $.

Speaking of mirrors, those blid spot mirrors integrated in the mirrors are really good. Better than the electronic BLIS systems.

Interesting design, do all your Fiestas get that or was it an option?

It's a workaround for being forced to have planar driver's side mirrors but still provide blindspot visibility... instead of just going with the combination convex-aspheric mirrors the rest of the world uses.

:thumbsup: Always liked this generation Fiesta.

It is standard on all North American Ford without the electronic BLIS system. Ford are the only ones to do that. And it is very practical.

Not on this side of the Atlantic... There is 3 engine choices... The 120 HP 1,6 for almost all Fiesta, the 1,6 EcoBoost for the ST and the 1,0 EcoBoost for the Fiesta SE with manual transmission and SFE package for 1500 $.

Goddamnit. Consider yourself lucky! :)

Congratulations.

started at Mazda. Everything was finalised for a Mazda 3 Sport GS Commodit?. Except that the dealer didn't want to sell me without publicity stickers and a plate protector. He lost a sale...

Were the stickers and plate protector non-removable or why was this a dealbreaker?

It's a workaround for being forced to have planar driver's side mirrors but still provide blindspot visibility... instead of just going with the combination convex-aspheric mirrors the rest of the world uses.

Aha, that's why! Odd rule.

Congratulations.

Were the stickers and plate protector non-removable or why was this a dealbreaker?

It is something like this...

IMG_7352.jpg

but their new ones are bigger. And the plate protector is bigger and cover some parts of the plate (witch is illegal, but tolerated).

It was a deal breaker for many reasons. The first one... if they say no to a simple thing, what they will say at the service for a problem under warranty ? And there is more than that. Long story (I would have to translade my long Facebook post), but the sales methods of the dealer was very agressive and I was not feeling respected.