FIFTH GEAR HAS BEEN AXED

If it is true it is sad. The BBC is cutting shows to save money. TG is way more popular and there for the 800 pound gorilla in the center of the room. Everything is put towards feeding that show. I feel bad for Tiff, Jason, and Johnny. Vicki to me has lost the drive in that show. I am sorry to say that but, i am not a fan anymore. Jason and Tiff are now the two i would move to TG and Johnny would be a good addition to argue points with Mr. May. lol

Fifth Gear isn't shown on BBC though.

The show was finally getting halfway decent and then they axe it. Sigh.

that really suck, I loved some of the presenters... actually all except Vicky and Tom Ford :D

still, it could be worse... they could cancel top gear as well now :lol:

I've just had a thought, maybe this is some sort of publicity stunt?

Or I haven't had enough sleep lately? I think it's the sleep thing now...

I think i want to create a "Would you go for a Mixed Top Gear/Fifth gear cast?" thread. Would this be too spammy or actually cool?

I think the current Fifth Gear line-up (except Tim Shaw, did not work) could move to the TV Channel Dave? How about "Dave's Motors?", "Dave Gear" or something along those lines.

They will have a much smaller budget but that should be enough to make a quality FACTUAL motoring TV show.

What you think?

Does Dave actually have any original content? I thought they just ran old shows from other channels.

As far as Fifth Gear's concerned, I thought we would have heard confirmation outside of the Daily Fail by now but I guess the lack of an official denial is damning enough... unless it's some kind of publicity stunt to get folk up in arms over it or something. :dunno:

Nope, as far as I know still no confirmation from Fifth Gear, Five, Tiff, or Jonny which is pretty weird after this much time. Two days in the internet world is an eternity. There was a new webTV episode posted today though.

No, and no.
Of the 'traditional' five British terrestrial channels, the first two are run by the BBC, the third by ITV, the fourth by Channel 4 and unsurprisingly, the fifth is Five.
BBC and Channel 4 are state-owned, while ITV and Five are totally independent.

Does that mean "there is a possiblity FG is getting cancelled, but nothing official yet"?

Seriously, it's now past three whole days and still no official word from Five. This can't be good.

No, and no.
Of the 'traditional' five British terrestrial channels, the first two are run by the BBC, the third by ITV, the fourth by Channel 4 and unsurprisingly, the fifth is Five.
BBC and Channel 4 are state-owned, while ITV and Five are totally independent.

Thanks for the update stiggles. :cool:

Does that mean "there is a possiblity FG is getting cancelled, but nothing official yet"?

No clue. Sounded kinda hopeful, though.

Seriously, it's now past three whole days and still no official word from Five. This can't be good.

And now nearly a fourth. I can't believe they're letting it go this long without comment! It must be in some kind of negotiation or something where they legally can't say anything.

I can't believe they're letting it go this long without comment! It must be in some kind of negotiation or something where they legally can't say anything.

I'm with you on that. If five had any official stance to this, no matter if it would be a renewal for another season or a cancellation, they'd have hammered out a press release days ago. Only reasonable explanation for the silence is that they're not sure themselves/are still negotiating.

Or they know and they don't want to comment yet.

Kill the shows quietly. That's what they traditionally do here in the states. A quick press release, the blogosphere gets up in arms fora couple of days and then - poof - no more show.

Fifth Gear is off-air at the moment. All Five has to do is ride out the Fail's news cycle and then quietly pull the plug once the fervour has died down. When they actually break the news at a later date, most people figured it had already happened and there's no uproar, no on-line petitions and no one threatening to boycot Five or their sponsors.

Five's spending has been slashed in the last couple of years, so it might be that they are trying to get North One to agree to a much lower budget, but it does seem as though Jonny Smith and Tiff Needell think the show is finished.