FIFTH GEAR HAS BEEN AXED

^Yes, I think Tiff would fit in quite nicely in the current TG line-up

JC - "The producer says TG is starting to feel stuffy, with Richard hitting 40 very soon, so we decided to add a new presenter with a young person's perspective. Welcome, Tiffany Dell!!!!"

TN - "Hello Jeremy"

JC - "YOU?! I thought we were getting a young woman. You're an old man. Even older then ME."

TN *groan*

There, I've written the intro. Go forth, TG!

Going off efoolution's comment...

car shows on American TV < Fifth Gear

...too.

I wasn't the biggest fan (the show always felt rushed), but as others have said, an ep here and there ain't a bad way to kill time.

I wouldn't go so far to say they should bring in more presenters to TG (I think they've found good chemistry there with the three dudes), but I'd love to see VBH, Tiff, and Jason on as guests every now and then.

re: the moving to Bravo comment--as in, the Bravo we get here in the US? If so, do want...as long as they stick to somewhat of the same format and don't reality show it up. (Bravo's gotten wayyyyy too reliant on those "real housewives of..."-type shows lately for my taste. FG would be a reason for me to start watching Bravo again.)

JC - "YOU?! I thought we were getting a young woman. You're an old man. Even older then ME."

Wow, I thought Jezza was older than Tiff. At least he looks older

also:

@tiff_tv Surely you can get yourself on some car show and make it big! No one's gonna say no to some Needell sideways action!

Tiff said:
@tibsfont Very kind of you to say - but it is the shows that are disappearing!

@tiff_tv no way Tiff, I?m sure you will find a new place to show your great view of the automobile industrie!!! Don?t loose the hope!

Tiff said:
@Miura005 Maybe I'll have to make a show of my own on the internet

Last edited:
Just tell him to go back working with JC.

And yeah, Tiff is like 57. Whereas as JC is like 47. I think Tiff has lead a healthier fitter lifestyle, since he used to be F1 and such.

Tiff Needell iPhone app - come on how hard can it be?

Do a lap of the N.Wales track using the iPhone controls. Do a drift in a - pick your car using the iPhone as a steering wheel - sound effects and all. Lap times, play against your mates. ... etc. ...

Do a shoot out in two different cars using the split screen thingy. ...

Last edited:
I dunno, I think Tiff does look older than Jeremy, or at least has a quality of age about him (which may be me mistaking maturity for age).

Anyway, I can't believe Fifth Gear/Five didn't give a press release today. That, to me, sounds ominous. It's easy to stand up and shout "no way is it cancelled!" but a lot harder to say "well, um, you see we didn't leak it but whomever did was kinda sorta right."

I think Tiff would work on new Top Gear. Unlike the other three he has a professional driving background and that would help in the car reviews.

Chemistry wise he would work out too. Watch the segments with him and Clarkson on the DVDs or old Top Gear.

*plays choral background music*

Joy to the World , the Lord is come!

I may be the new guy around here but i get the impression that Tiff wouldn't fit in with the Top Gear crew since the three of them have their own 'clique' going on. If Tiff did join the Top Gear crew he would mostly be remembered as "that guy from the serious car show" and would probably wouldn't fit in with the capers of our favorite trio.

Tiff has worked with both Clarkson and May before.

I'm sure Tiff plays well off both Clarkson's POWERness and May's pedantic-ism (is that a word?), but we all know there will never be a 4th presenter on Top Gear.

Well, Jeremy and Richard often pick on May...I could see May and Tiff bonding a sort-of Counterpoint "Team of Logic" to Richard and Jeremy's "Team of 12-year-olds' Exuberance."

Last edited:
I doubt Tiff is going to be a 4th host on TG, a SIARPC probably, but that's about it.

Tiff tweeted about retiring if the show is cancelled, so I doubt he'll go to TG.

To be honest, I never really watched Fifth Gear; but I'm kind of sad to see it go. It did seem like a more sensible version of Top Gear. It was a sort of cup-of-tea whereas TG is a double-caffeinated-latte.

I'm shocked so many people are happy about this.

First, it means no competition for TG -- who will push them? We already know that the TG crew is almost out of creativity as per Andy's blogs about a year ago. Won't this make them even more weary of the grind?

Second, it means the pool is shrinking. One less car show, and one of the upper echelon ones too. It's better than anything we have in the US.

Although I have to say, the constant format and host changes the last few series were irksome, as if they were randomly hoping for chemistry.

I'm sad it's gone.

Well, Jeremy and Richard often pick on May...I could see May and Tiff bonding a sort-of Counterpoint "Team of Logic" to Richard and Jeremy's "Team of 12-year-olds' Exuberance."

That would really work. I mean really.

If nothing else he could be a recurring guest. Perhaps drop in for the challenges?

Please Tiff, don't retire. TG has always been my favorite show but he is without doubt the best car reviewer, whether it's a serious segment or not.

i dont think they'd work out together as well. check out MPH06 (i think it was 06).

but if Tiff does another show, imagine how much airtime he will have to do better reviews.

btw, where is this picture of tiff and the stig together that people have been talking about?

Last edited:
I'm shocked so many people are happy about this.

First, it means no competition for TG -- who will push them? We already know that the TG crew is almost out of creativity as per Andy's blogs about a year ago. Won't this make them even more weary of the grind?

HAHAHAHA "push them"? They're both completely different shows for a completely different audience, they're not even in the same league!

I'm kinda sad it's gone though, it was good to have a "sensible" show that actually gives you information about cars and doesn't just slide them around and say "it goes round our track in 1.32"

Why gloat at the ending of what, for people who actually enjoy cars, was a good show? Stupid, but then many, many beings born into this world are just that.