Fifth Gear on Dave

soupdragon

Car(s)
Land Rover Defender
The latest series of Fifth Gear is being repeated on Dave. As with Top Gear on the same channel they seem to be shown in a random order, some episodes seem to be repeated more than others... Still haven't worked out what time the new series episodes are being shown, they're all over the place!

ANYWAY! They've been cut down from 60 minutes (or whatever fifth gear was with ad breaks) to less than half an hour. Obviously theres a couple of segments missing from each episode, but doesn't seem to make that much difference.

And because they've cut all the competition segments, and all the 'coming up next' bits, and the studio segments have been cut down a bit too, the whole show seems to have a lot more flow to it! Much better! :)

The latest series of Fifth Gear is being repeated on Dave. As with Top Gear on the same channel they seem to be shown in a random order, some episodes seem to be repeated more than others... Still haven't worked out what time the new series episodes are being shown, they're all over the place!

ANYWAY! They've been cut down from 60 minutes (or whatever fifth gear was with ad breaks) to less than half an hour. Obviously theres a couple of segments missing from each episode, but doesn't seem to make that much difference.

And because they've cut all the competition segments, and all the 'coming up next' bits, and the studio segments have been cut down a bit too, the whole show seems to have a lot more flow to it! Much better! :)

that sounds like what i was saying in the other thread, i've been watching early series and they are only 22 minute episodes, and i can watch all of them without being bored, it's when they made it 44 minutes that it went to shit... they just added dumb filler.

such a shame.

It's kinda funny, for me TG on Dave is completely unwatchable due to how they butcher the episodes thanks to a combination of editing out (due to ad's) and replacing the original music with whatever crap they can afford.

However, FG on Dave doesn't seem to suffer from that and I don't mind watching it, particularly when they show the old 30-min shows from a few years back.