Fifth Gear to air in US on Velocity in October

I agree with you Zorlac. I like TG, Wheeler Dealers, and Chasing Classic Cars, but there is no reason to show days on end of Mecum. HD Theatre had a better mix of things than Velocity, and each show used to be of high quality.

I do look forward to seeing FG on it, though I've never really watched much of it.

I love Mecum and pretty much everything on Velocity.

Whether it's good to watch or not, I find it sad how much time is given to auctions and how little is given to stuff like WRC, Isle of Man, and other events they could cover.

After a quick look around, I found it on the internet channel, Speed2.
So, BTCC's not completely unavailable, but still far from ideal.

Oh so you have to know about it before finding it then?

I have always found it the best track motor sport on a par with F1 - the German one seems a bit too well disiplined.

Yeah Speed does a pretty bad job in showing other racing series other than F1/Nascar. DTM, BTCC, FIA GT are hard to follow. I stopped watching the BTCC races they did have because the video quality was horrid. Started out fine but for some reason it got really bad. Choppy and not in HD.

Speed has DTM and WTCC, but I don't think anybody shows BTCC in the US right now.

SPEED has been showing BTCC the past two years.

Normally they show DTM, BTCC, WTCC and FIA GT during the winter months when F1 and the North American series (NASCAR, IndyCar, ALMS, GrandAM) are all on their Winter break.

Just wanted to chime and say I love the show. I watched all the episodes on Netflix to catch up, and this hour long format is much better. To be honest, I dont really care much about TG anymore. Its become too predictable and frankly boring. If I had to choose I really think Fifth Gear is the better of the 2. I'll still watch it religiously (well new shows, I deleted all the reruns in my DVR due to being over played) but FG is fresher and more to the point.

Though I fuckin detest that squeaking crap Vicki does.

Just a bump.

Anyone know if the new season will be on in the US?

The new shows from a few weeks ago just started showing up on VEL again last week. No clue about the cancelation.

Looks like the current season started broadcasting last Wednesday at 10:00PM Pacific. However, they're all flagged as Repeats so my TIVO is not picking them up. Episode 02 shows as broadcasting tonight (10 April) with Episode 03 next Wednesday.