Fifth Gear's attack on Top Gear

When FG was 30 mins long Tiff was driving and said "now top gear is a bit long so were gonna shift down into fifth gear".

I don't like Fifth Gear for various reasons, but even if they did copy Top Gear's new format, it wouldn't work because there's not the same chemistry between the presenters.
In fairness, though, I wouldn't take the digs they make towards Top Gear too seriously, Lovejoy was quoted as saying how devastated everyone on the show was after Hammond's accident, and how close knit the community of motoring journalists is - It's all just harmless fun.

Welp, I'm watching episode 10x09 right now, and I think I've found a Tiff crack at Jezza. He's talking about the Alfa Romeo 159, and how he's never really liked Alfas, and says "and I'm certainly not going to be swayed by someone thinking it's cool." I think we all know that Jeremy certainly has a thing for Alfas...I wonder if this was directed at him.

Tiff loves BMWs.

He knows as much about "cool" as I know about how a clock works.

i know this is an old thread but its the first time i read it...

I remember a Top Gear episode where Jeremy is testing a car (can't remember which one now) and he says something like:
"In fifth gear, the top speed is nearly 200 mph. *long pause as he revs up* But I'm moving out of fifth gear now and into top gear, and now the top speed is 220mph!"

I think this was the best reference to either show and it makes me laugh :cool:

Welp, I'm watching episode 10x09 right now, and I think I've found a Tiff crack at Jezza. He's talking about the Alfa Romeo 159, and how he's never really liked Alfas, and says "and I'm certainly not going to be swayed by someone thinking it's cool." I think we all know that Jeremy certainly has a thing for Alfas...I wonder if this was directed at him.

Well..... in MPH 06, where Tiff and Clarkson are working side by side mind you, Jeremy tells the crowd that anyone who is a true car guy loves Alfas and anyone that is a true car guy has also owned an Alfa. Tiff just groaned since he hasn't owned one and doesnt' like them. :D

I don't get the "controversy". Tom Ford writes for Top Gear, Tiff works with Clarkson on MPH 06. They all used to work together, on the same show. So they take a couple digs at each other, big deal. They aren't trying to undermine each other. If they hated each other enough they certainly wouldn't work together on projects.

This does feel a lot like school girl gossip. Hopefully this drops to the bottom soon. I'm almost ashamed to have posted. :lmao:

i know this is an old thread but its the first time i read it...

I remember a Top Gear episode where Jeremy is testing a car (can't remember which one now) and he says something like:
"In fifth gear, the top speed is nearly 200 mph. *long pause as he revs up* But I'm moving out of fifth gear now and into top gear, and now the top speed is 220mph!"

I think this was the best reference to either show and it makes me laugh :cool:

I believe that was the Zonda F Review:lol:

Opps sorry put wrong letter, it was the Zonda C12 S in the very first episode.

I don't get the "controversy". Tom Ford writes for Top Gear, Tiff works with Clarkson on MPH 06. They all used to work together, on the same show. So they take a couple digs at each other, big deal. They aren't trying to undermine each other. If they hated each other enough they certainly wouldn't work together on projects.

I agree. They're just having fun with each other, and I don't think there's any real animosity. If anything, it's the bias of one series' fans against the other where the hate comes in.

JCs attack on Tiffs Range Rover sport test was classy.. made you think..
Tiffs Attack on the Top gear test track was.. lame.. made you say "ha...ha... that was ...not funny at ALL"
JCs "driving along in fifth gear.. vell not fifth gear, TOP gear" was funny becouse it was just so natural (scripted offcourse)
Tiffs... sorry VBHs Schumi intervjue was.. omg the lames thing i have ever seen on television sins i saw "Drive"
JCs comeback (newspaper) was just so funny that it almost made me shitt myself..

Hit me with JCs newspaper comeback.

When FG was 30 mins long Tiff was driving and said "now top gear is a bit long so were gonna shift down into fifth gear".

I remember that, it was a porsche test and he also said "but when you switch into fifth gear things really come alive". Dispite this, I still quite like ole Tiff, however him and Tom should now run very very fast away from this crap now to keep any dignity and show what is salvageable on channel 4 or something.

The fifth gear team are no match for the top gear team.
The top gear team have a higher budget which ulttimatly is what makes these kind of shows good. You would never see tiff or anyone in a bugatti.